1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 22:31
    I heard the other day that the Congo river is over eight hundred feet deep in places. That's amazing to me .
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 11:36
    Originally posted by buckky
    I heard the other day that the Congo river is over eight hundred feet deep in places. That's amazing to me .
    Do you have any references? I believe its mouth is very deep but whether that can properly be called part of the river would be debatable.
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 17:00
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Do you have any references? I believe its mouth is very deep but whether that can properly be called part of the river would be debatable.
    After digging around on the internet I found this (rather unreliable) reference:

http://www.blurtit.com/q554907.html

The claim seems to have been made in a documentary program based on new data. The poster in the above reference may have confused river depth with lake depth.

Wikipedia is silent about depth. There may be more reliable information on the online Encyclopedia Brittanica, but I can´t find out without subscribing (which you can do on a trial basis for free, but I don´t want the spam).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree