1. Wat?
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 07:032 edits
    Hand towels, face towels or flannels; describe them as you may.

I find them a hoard for growing germs, and my own mother said never use one.

Look at the marketing on this site and how many variants.

http://www.spongeking.com/manufacturer/45487/45487.html

I find it scary.

Do any of us actually like a scrub with a hardened smelly face towel?

Albeit, it softens in water - but what is coming off it into the water?

Does the water in the sink/basin need to be 100C?

I have never found a benefit for a face towel, and yet this vendor insinuates our hands are more dirty.

I mean, come on? Aren't these all exactly the same thing, but in different shapes and sizes? Ultra foaming, special pore properties, "random pore structure 😀 😀"

Bring in the soap twhitehead 😀.

-m.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 12:45
    I think it is probably true that your unwashed hands are dirtier than a face towel (or more likely to harbour germs at least).
    But if you wash your hands first, there should be no problem using them to wash your face, and if you allow your face towel to dry out between baths, that too should have no real health problems.
    It must also be noted that the only germs that should really concern us in this case is those that cause pimples ie you won't get any serious diseases washing your face with either your hands or a face towel.

Now the question is which is more effective at cleaning your face and how clean do you want your face?
    I don't wear makeup, so maybe some who does can tell us whether hands are sufficient for removing it or whether a face towel works better.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 18:38
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I think it is probably true that your unwashed hands are dirtier than a face towel (or more likely to harbour germs at least).
    But if you wash your hands first, there should be no problem using them to wash your face, and if you allow your face towel to dry out between baths, that too should have no real health problems.
    It must also be noted that the o ...[text shortened]... can tell us whether hands are sufficient for removing it or whether a face towel works better.
    When I was a vampire on Halloween I had to use cold cream to get that stuff off.
  4. Wat?
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 20:08
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    When I was a vampire on Halloween I had to use cold cream to get that stuff off.
    Wow! Can one buy "cold cream" nowadays?

I need to know about this, as it has never been marketed in my country. 😀

-m.
  5. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 21:17
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    If you never leave your basement, you shouldn't need makeup to look like a vampire 😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree