1. Germany
    Moves
    31 Dec '08 10:00
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    A bit off topic but you mentioned wakefield accelerators, I found this link, 3 GEV in 3 1/3 CM! Had you seen this work? At Berkeley:

http://www.physorg.com/news78323567.html
    No, I have not seen it work, I worked as a student intern on some apparatus related to the experimental setup, but it was still under construction. Not sure how things are now. It wasn't at Berkeley, in any case.
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 08:10
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    Is there a theoretical maximum specific energy (which is the energy density in terms of energy per unit mass rather than per unit volume) that a supercapacitor can store and, if so, what is it?

I would love to know this because I just wonder what the storage capacity of the best supercapacitors would be in the far future assuming unlimited advance ...[text shortened]... r!

I tried searching the net for this info but I found nothing relevant for ages so given up.
    May I kindly suggest you cut back on sugar, at least for a while?
  3. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 10:373 edits
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    May I kindly suggest you cut back on sugar, at least for a while?
    Just a side thought: Sugar has an energy density of very roughly ~16MJ/kg which is not bad.
    If only a reasonably cheap and efficient fuel cell could be designed to use it directly, we would have a possible reasonable alternative to gasoline.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree