1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jul '13 16:15
    Originally posted by humy
    I am not interested in typing my reasons out when you have no intention of accepting anything I say

I think the really fundamental problem here, and this is why none of us scientists can ever take you seriously, we cannot accepting what you say BECAUSE you often refuse to state your reasons! I leave it to you to figure out what you must d ...[text shortened]... robably higher than my score which I would guess would be somewhere between yours and theirs).
    Although, I now use the Instructor title on all my posts. I took that title primarily for the Spirituality Forum because of the need and in remembering that I had finished my military career as an Instructor at Fort Gordon.

While you call yourself a scientist, I have no way of knowing what you were trained in other than the false teaching of evil-lution. When I present information from Phd biology scientists, like Dean Kenyon, who have a different view than you, it is you that seem very arrogant yourself in refusing to consider the videos of his opinions and reasons against what he calls Macroevolution. The following is a quote of one such opinion:

"Evidence often taken to support a naturalistic chemical origin of life, actually, upon close analysis, points in another direction, namely, toward the conclusion that the first life was created. The data of molecular biology, especially the details of the genetic-coding and protein-synthesizing systems, lend further powerful support to this view. Probability arguments applied to the problem of the origin of genetic information also confirm the creationist view of origins. Laboratory data and theoretic arguments concerning the origin of the first life lead one to doubt the evolution of subsequent forms of life. The fossil record and other lines of evidence confirm this suspicion. In short, when all the available evidence is carefully assessed in toto, the evolutionary story of origins appears significantly less probable than the creationist view."

Dean Kenyon

The Instructor
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    11 Jul '13 16:255 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Although, I now use the Instructor title on all my posts. I took that title primarily for the Spirituality Forum because of the need and in remembering that I had finished my military career as an Instructor at Fort Gordon.

While you call yourself a scientist, I have no way of knowing what you were trained in other than the false teaching of evil-lution. pears significantly less probable than the creationist view."

Dean Kenyon

The Instructor
    Please stop posting ever more Creationist propaganda crap -I no longer read any of it. If you want me to read what everything you say, you will just have to start making sure it is evidence-based and not mere opinion and hearsay.

I took that title primarily for the Spirituality Forum because of the need and in remembering that I had finished my military career as an Instructor at Fort Gordon.

I don't understand. Why would you think you need to write “the Instructor” at the end of each post in the science forum to remind yourself that you had finished your military career as an Instructor at Fort Gordon? I mean, would you somehow forget you ended that career if you stopped referring to yourself as “the instructor” at the end of each post or what?
    And, if you ENDED that career as an instructor, wouldn't that mean you are no longer an instructor! If so, why would you think it appropriate to keep referring to yourself as “The Instructor” if not to imply you are 'instructing' us? (which would be an extremely BAD joke if not something much worse)
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jul '13 16:36
    I am not interested in typing my reasons out when you have no intention of accepting anything I say

I think the really fundamental problem here, and this is why none of us scientists can ever take you seriously, we cannot accepting what you say BECAUSE you often refuse to state your reasons! I leave it to you to figure out what you must d ...[text shortened]... robably higher than my score which I would guess would be somewhere between yours and theirs).
    I haven't claimed to have much formal training in biological science, but have read and watched Youtube videos on the subject, which seems more than you guys are willing to do.

I also do not claim to have a high I.Q. because that was my youngest son who scored 186 and 188 in High School while in the gifted program. He was also the top graduate in both High School and University. I was tested in the Army at 129 which is still above average and according to you my son "evolved" from me.

The Instructor
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jul '13 16:39
    Please stop posting ever more Creationist propaganda crap -I no longer read any of it. If you want me to read what everything you say, you will just have to start making sure it is evidence-based and not mere opinion and hearsay.

[quote] I took that title primarily for the Spirituality Forum because of the need and in remembering that I had finished my mi ...[text shortened]... you are 'instructing' us? (which would be an extremely BAD joke if not something much worse)
    That is a good idea. Don't post anything to me. I will do the same.

The Instructor
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    11 Jul '13 18:313 edits
    I haven't claimed to have much formal training in biological science, but have read and watched Youtube videos on the subject, which seems more than you guys are willing to do.

I also do not claim to have a high I.Q. because that was my youngest son who scored 186 and 188 in High School while in the gifted program. He was also the top graduate in both Hi ...[text shortened]... which is still above average and according to you my son "evolved" from me.

The Instructor

What crap you vomit out. WE, including myself, have done UNIVERSITY courses on the science subjects! WE have actually bothered to spend many YEARS intensively STUDYING science properly and pass exams and get qualified to prove that we have learned it which is much more than what you are willing to do which is just watching stupid religious propaganda Youtube videos on the subject! Sorry! That just doesn't compare!
    I also do not claim to have a high I.Q. because that was my youngest son who scored 186 and 188 in High School while in the gifted program. He was also the top graduate in both High School and University.

Unless you are talking here about the verbal IQ which isn't about the ability to reason, I take it he isn't a Creationist then.
    I was tested in the Army at 129

Either you are lying through your teeth or you have been brain damaged since then or there is something seriously wrong with the armies IQ test or you are talking about the verbal IQ test which isn't the test of the powers of reasoning. Only the non-verbal IQ test tests for reasoning. There is no way your non-verbal IQ is that high! -Not with the illogical posts you keep creating.

I also do not claim to have a high I.Q.

-and then you just did. 129 is high.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jul '13 19:533 edits

What crap you vomit out. WE, including myself, have done UNIVERSITY courses on the science subjects! WE have actually bothered to spend many YEARS intensively STUD I also do not claim to have a high I.Q. [/quote]
    -and then you just did. 129 is high.
    The army gave what they called general IQ Test to test general knowledge and not specifically on reasoning. A score of 100 is average. My score was high compared with most other people that I knew that took the test, but this was the Army and you are not likely to see people with a high IQ there and there was one person I know had 135, but he also had a 4 year college degree, whereas the average person only finished high school.

However, my IQ score was far less than my son's scores. Of course, his score was so high they tested him again to make sure it was right and he got 2 points higher the second time.

The Instructor
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 10:52
    The army gave what they called general IQ Test to test general knowledge and not specifically on reasoning. A score of 100 is average. My score was high compared with most other people that I knew that took the test, but this was the Army and you are not likely to see people with a high IQ there and there was one person I know had 135, but he also had a 4 ...[text shortened]... m again to make sure it was right and he got 2 points higher the second time.

The Instructor
    I'll bet you didn't get your son to self lobotomize HIS brain, being much smarter than you. And most everyone else if what you say is true, that clocks in at something like one in a million.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 20:04
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I'll bet you didn't get your son to self lobotomize HIS brain, being much smarter than you. And most everyone else if what you say is true, that clocks in at something like one in a million.
    I think I have said before that he teaches 7th grade science in California. And I suppose he is forced to teach evolution and evil-lution. I do not try to interfere with his life and I do not think he moved off to California because he thought I might.

I am not trying to interfere with your life either. I am only using my freedom of expression to put forth my worldview that is in opposition to your worldview of things, such as the interpretation of ice core data for belief in and old earth.

The Instructor
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 21:285 edits
    I think I have said before that he teaches 7th grade science in California. And I suppose he is forced to teach evolution and evil-lution. I do not try to interfere with his life and I do not think he moved off to California because he thought I might.

I am not trying to interfere with your life either. I am only using my freedom of expression to put f ...[text shortened]... ings, such as the interpretation of ice core data for belief in and old earth.

The Instructor
    I suppose he is forced to teach evolution

WOW your delusions just get ever more absurd and ever more extreme with absolutely no limits getting you ever deeper into your pure fantasy land.
    Back to reality; IF he teaches evolution, he would almost certainly accept the fact of evolution -especially if his IQ is as high as you had indicated! All of the many independently conducted statistical research has confirmed this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence

“...atheists scored an average of 1.95 IQ points higher than agnostics, 3.82 points higher than liberal persuasions, and 5.89 IQ points higher than dogmatic persuasions. …

...using data from a U.S. study of 6,825 adolescents, the authors found that atheists scored 6 IQ points higher than non atheists.
    ….
    ….
    ….Academics have higher IQs than the general population. Several Gallup poll studies of the general population have shown that those with higher IQs tend not to believe in God."[10] A study published in Social Psychology Quarterly in March 2010[11] also stated that "atheism ...correlate[s] with higher intelligence".
    ….
    ...other studies do nevertheless correlate IQ with being willing or able to question beliefs
    ….
    …study found that participants who tended to think more reflectively were less likely to believe in God
    ….
    …..”

-this is just the statistical facts found independently by every single study into the relationship between religiosity and intelligence.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jul '13 00:05
    I suppose he is [b]forced to teach evolution

WOW your delusions just get ever more absurd and ever more extreme with absolutely no limits getting you ever deeper into your pure fantasy land.
    Back to reality; IF he teaches evolution, he would almost certainly accept the fact of evolution -especially if his IQ is as high as you had ind ...[text shortened]... dependently by every single study into the relationship between religiosity and intelligence.[/b]
    Bull crap #1 😏

The Instructor
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jul '13 07:51
    Bull crap #1 😏

The Instructor
    So why don't you have your son weigh in here with his opinion of evolution?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jul '13 22:10
    I suppose he is [b]forced to teach evolution

Back to reality; IF he teaches evolution, he would almost certainly accept the fact of evolution -especially if his IQ is as high as you had ind ...[text shortened]... dependently by every single study into the relationship between religiosity and intelligence.[/b]
    I suspect it is a bias study produced by atheists with an agenda.

The Instructor
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jul '13 22:12
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So why don't you have your son weigh in here with his opinion of evolution?
    I can handle it just fine.

The Instructor
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 02:05

The Instructor
    So you are not shouting it from the hills so I gather he rejects your relic stance.
  15. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 02:30

The Instructor
    Yes (precious) do not let your son overshadow you (after all he might know what he's on about, and we wouldn't want that, precious) show your independence from him and come out with an argument (maybe, precious).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree