1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 May '14 19:492 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    ...another thread that RJHInds has kidnapped and made his own in order to bring his fantasies out.

This could be an intresting discussion. But it was soon sabotaged by the YEC.

Let us all ignore him in Science Forum, me myself inclusive, and meet him in the Spiritual Forum, and only there.
    I'll give it a go. Did you hear about the 12,000 year old artifacts found?

YouTube

Maybe you saw these stones already but it is fascinating there were such carvings 12,000 years old.

One wonders if there are even older artifacts of advanced civilizations to be found somewhere on Earth.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 May '14 06:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzSquc21mzc

Maybe you saw these stones already but it is fascinating there were such carvings 12,000 years old.

One wonders if there are even older artifacts of advanced civilizations to be found somewhere on Earth.
    I've heard of the site from before, but I didn't realize from what time it was in relation to the other great civilizations.

Great stories! Who were they? From where did they come? Were they one of us (do their genes still remain within us), or are their people fully extinct? What about their language? Many questions, but the answers are there, for us to explore. Great stories, indeed!
  3. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 May '14 09:57
    Originally posted by sonhouse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzSquc21mzc

Schmidt has engaged in some speculation regarding the belief systems of the groups that created Göbekli Tepe, based on comparisons with other shrines and settlements. He assumes shamanic practices and suggests that the T-shaped pillars represent human forms, perhaps ancestors, whereas he sees a fully articulated belief in gods only developing later in Mesopotamia, associated with extensive temples and palaces.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6bekli_Tepe

That (if it's true) rules out the speculation in the video about noah's flood.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 May '14 13:12
    Originally posted by C Hess
    [quote]Schmidt has engaged in some speculation regarding the belief systems of the groups that created Göbekli Tepe, based on comparisons with other shrines and settlements. He assumes shamanic practices and suggests that the T-shaped pillars represent human forms, perhaps ancestors, whereas he sees a fully articulated belief in gods only developing later in ...[text shortened]... 3%B6bekli_Tepe

That (if it's true) rules out the speculation in the video about noah's flood.
    One thing interesting about the site: The oldest monuments were the largest, then over thousands of years successive sites were built after the oldest sites were deliberately buried but the newer ones were not as large and the last of the series were mere shadows of the original. Perhaps that meant a smaller and smaller community of left over believers in the original system of beliefs where people had left and just a few followers were left to build the top level much smaller monuments, perhaps they lost the ability to work with large stones because there were not enough people to do the work.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree