1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 06:41
    I was listening to some video songs on Youtube when I saw the title of one video that said - A Secret Hidden from Mankind - which I decided to check out. They seem serious, but it seems more like a hoax to me. Some on the video seem to think UFO's are aircraft from aliens from some distant star system, something like we see in sci-fi movies like Star Trek and Star wars I guess. I think this is nonsense. Does anyone disagree with me?

YouTube
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 11:361 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I was listening to some video songs on Youtube when I saw the title of one video that said - A Secret Hidden from Mankind - which I decided to check out. They seem serious, but it seems more like a hoax to me. Some on the video seem to think UFO's are aircraft from aliens from some distant star system, something like we see in sci-fi movies like Star Trek ...[text shortened]... this is nonsense. Does anyone disagree with me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43c2_jioKiU
    It really doesn't matter one way or the other. Until such alleged beings contact us these reports will remain in the fringe.

Same kind of thing with Bigfoot, Susquatch and the like.

BTW, I met George Adamski. I lived in Valley Center California when I was going to Palomar College and drove up and down the road to Mt. Palomar every day going to school. One day I saw a mailbox right on the road with the name George Adamski, I remember seeing his books, Ages in Chaos and so forth, so out of curiosity I stopped in and he was there and we had a long talk. It didn't take me long to see he was half BS, wasn't sure how much more than half since I was only 18 at the time and inexperienced in the world but I was taking electronics, chemistry, astronomy and such at Palomar and had some notion of what was real and what was BS. I had a ham license I got when I was 14 so was familiar with electronics for a few years.

One thing that stuck that he said and I quote "if you listen on the frequency of 168 megacycles (Now it would be Megahertz), you will hear the music of the spheres'.

I don't know what he thought about that, it seemed to me he was thinking he could win over a gullible kid but as it turned out, I had spent a lot of time on the frequency around 145 Mhz (the 2 meter ham band) and had access to equipment that would pick up a lot bigger bandwidth than just the 2 meter band and believe me, there is no such thing at 168 Mhz or any other frequency.

If you have a radio telescope you can certainly pick up sounds of the universe, and sounds from the solar system like the interaction of Jupiter and its moon Io which has a torus shaped tube of extremely high current caused by volcano's on Io spewing sulfur right into space which ends up following the magnetic field lines of Jupiter and making a pretty clear radio noise. Those and other kinds of things can be heard but not by a radio with a small antenna just tuned to 168 Mhz.

My conclusion ATT was this dude was in a world of his own making, totally nuts. I found out later that was the conclusion of most every scientist who looked at his paranoid fantasies also.

You would have loved him.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 22:28
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It really doesn't matter one way or the other. Until such alleged beings contact us these reports will remain in the fringe.

Same kind of thing with Bigfoot, Susquatch and the like.

BTW, I met George Adamski. I lived in Valley Center California when I was going to Palomar College and drove up and down the road to Mt. Palomar every day going to school ...[text shortened]... t every scientist who looked at his paranoid fantasies also.

You would have loved him.
    I am not into BS like this nonsense. I just wondered if there were any here that actually believed it.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 15:17
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am not into BS like this nonsense. I just wondered if there were any here that actually believed it.
    So what do YOU believe about UFO's? I am agnostic in this also. If one crashes in my back yard, I would believe but till then, fuzzy photo's can be done by anyone with a mis-focused camera and a garbage can lid.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 20:25
    I am agnostic in this also.
    Why would you be agnostic? Surely since you were involved with NASA you should know that the difficulties of space travel make it quite improbable that aliens would travel all this way just to play games in flying saucers. It just doesn't make sense.
  6. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 22:121 edit
    A UFO is just that, an unidentified flying object. It could be a bird, a plane, weather balloon, a hoax featuring a lampshade or any of a number of things. Of course, once the object is identified it is no longer a UFO. Strange that none of these supposed aliens has ever stopped by to chat.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 23:32
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why would you be agnostic? Surely since you were involved with NASA you should know that the difficulties of space travel make it quite improbable that aliens would travel all this way just to play games in flying saucers. It just doesn't make sense.
    There certainly are a lot of sightings that make people THINK there are aliens but if I see one land in my backyard. I think all the abduction stories are just that, stories made by people who either have genuine mental problems or were taking too much peyote.

It's in the same category as gods. We can't at this point in time prove or disprove the presence of aliens, till then I don't really bother one way or the other.

It is obvious a lot of sightings are real but man made hoaxes. It is not so hard to come up with lights in the sky that seem to defy gravity.

Heck, we even made UFO's when I was a kid, a laundry bag and a birthday candle makes for a nice hot air balloon visible for miles in the night sky....
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 May '13 05:21
    There certainly are a lot of sightings that make people THINK there are aliens but if I see one land in my backyard. I think all the abduction stories are just that, stories made by people who either have genuine mental problems or were taking too much peyote.

It's in the same category as gods. We can't at this point in time prove or disprove the presen ...[text shortened]... nd a birthday candle makes for a nice hot air balloon visible for miles in the night sky....
    I don't take peyote at all. That must be why I don't see aliens from UFOs. I am sure glad you cleared that up. 😏
  9. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    01 May '13 09:11
    UFOs aliens what a load of crap, we are all alone if there was something out there the hubble space telescope would of seen it
  10. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    01 May '13 09:20
    you will like this one RJ

YouTube
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 May '13 05:571 edit
    Originally posted by tim88
    you will like this one RJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJXww8jYvEk
    Yes, it appear that that would be an interesting one to see in full. I liked the following one that is a little long and might be better to download and watch when you have the time than trying to watch it directly from the site.

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree