1. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 13:56
    Not really science per se, but I thought I would share this useful site I found which calculates the duration between two dates:
    http://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=04&d1=09&y1=1967&m2=11&d2=27&y2=1967
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 14:11
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Not really science per se, but I thought I would share this useful site I found which calculates the duration between two dates:
    http://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=04&d1=09&y1=1967&m2=11&d2=27&y2=1967
    I recall a savant who could do that for any date, don't remember his name though.
  3. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 14:332 edits
    This guy?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando_Serrell

Perhaps RJHinds got hit on the head by a baseball when he was 65 years old, leaving him with an incredible talent for chess? I can't explain his performance on this site in any other way.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 14:421 edit
    Perhaps RJHinds got hit on the head by a baseball when he was 65 years old, leaving him with an incredible talent for chess? I can't explain his performance on this site in any other way.
    I was explained a while ago. Chess engine use. And its well known that he is not the only one on the site to do so. The question is, can you think of a fool proof way to root out engine users? It wouldn't be reasonable to simply ban people for being too good at chess.
  5. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 15:07
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I was explained a while ago. Chess engine use.
    Shame on you for suggesting that. I can believe that a few kids resort to cheating on this site - some people take longer than others to realise that those faceless posters and opponents on the websites they visit are real human beings. But Mr Hinds is a god-fearing man and well into his sixties, he must surely be well past that sort of behaviour by now.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 15:56
    Shame on you for suggesting that. I can believe that a few kids resort to cheating on this site - some people take longer than others to realise that those faceless posters and opponents on the websites they visit are real human beings. But Mr Hinds is a god-fearing man and well into his sixties, he must surely be well past that sort of behaviour by now.
    It wasn't me that found him out, its just that you appear to be new here I am just letting you know what is common knowledge to most posters here.
    How engine users are identified and whether they should be, really belongs in the chess forum rather than here in science. And RJ belongs in the spirituality forum. I had thought he had been kicked out of the science forum or voluntarily left, but he seems to keep coming back.
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 16:47
    This guy?

It is truly a mystifying contradiction that his posts are so stupid and yet his chess play being so good -until you consider the possibility that he may be cheating.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 16:561 edit
    This guy?

You can tell the engine user by analyzing their games and projecting what X engine used by Y CPU with N # of cores and seeing how the moves made by someone matches that of the computer, RJ gets in the 90% area, a number not seen even by Kasparov in humans.

He of course vehemently denies it but the record kind of sticks out.

It's a difficult job to prove engine use because there are so many variations of engines/CPU's/cores but they tend to converge on a given set of moves so it's not impossible to figure out, just time consuming, trying out various combinations. That also means you have to OWN various combinations and that can run into some bucks.
  9. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 20:07
    I guess IQ tests don't include recognising sarcasm. 😵
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 22:19
    Originally posted by humy
    It is truly a mystifying contradiction that his posts are so stupid and yet his chess play being so good -until you consider the possibility that he may be cheating.
    I think Bobby Fischer proved once and for all that you can be awesome at chess and yet have idiotic opinions on things outside chess.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 01:56
    This guy?

Your rating on here is higher than mine. There is no reason to think I have a great talent for chess. Anybody that uses opening books and the Analyze Board, as I do, should be able to do as well as I do on this site.

The Instructor
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 02:09
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You can tell the engine user by analyzing their games and projecting what X engine used by Y CPU with N # of cores and seeing how the moves made by someone matches that of the computer, RJ gets in the 90% area, a number not seen even by Kasparov in humans.

He of course vehemently denies it but the record kind of sticks out.

It's a difficult job to pr ...[text shortened]... inations. That also means you have to OWN various combinations and that can run into some bucks.
    That is an exaggeration. I may have had an unusual good game from time to time. That's all.

The Instructor
  13. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 04:46
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Your rating on here is higher than mine. There is no reason to think I have a great talent for chess. Anybody that uses opening books and the Analyze Board, as I do, should be able to do as well as I do on this site.

The Instructor
    You're avg opponent rating is also 400 pts higher and you're rating has dropped suspiciously from almost 2300 to 2100 , probably you trying to make your own moves then losing 2150 isn't the same as it was 4 years ago what with all these new engine abusers.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 06:31
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I think Bobby Fischer proved once and for all that you can be awesome at chess and yet have idiotic opinions on things outside chess.
    Bobby Fischer was insane, but he wasn't stupid.
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 07:331 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Bobby Fischer was insane, but he wasn't stupid.
    ..... unlike RJHinds who is both insane and stupid.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree