video about TRAPPIST-1 planets being strangely similar

video about TRAPPIST-1 planets being strangely similar

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
30 Jan 21

TRAPPIST-1 is only 40 light years away from the Earth and is a red dwarf star system with 7 planets of which 3 are considered to be within its habitable zone.
But all 7 of those planets have now been shown to be surprisingly similar to each other, at least in terms of density, and nobody is yet sure why they are so similar.

bunny knight

planet Earth

Moves
05 Feb 21

@humy
I used to wonder what life would be like under a red dwarf. Probably nice and cozy-warm with a far lesser amount of all that nasty radiation and glaring UV.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Feb 21

@bunnyknight
Those little dwarf suns have a big problem, they spew out huge discharges that would sterilize the surface regularly. Any life on a planet there would have to be hidden underground, which of course could happen but the surface, not a good place to hang your hat.

bunny knight

planet Earth

Moves
08 Feb 21

@sonhouse said
@bunnyknight
Those little dwarf suns have a big problem, they spew out huge discharges that would sterilize the surface regularly. Any life on a planet there would have to be hidden underground, which of course could happen but the surface, not a good place to hang your hat.
Thanks for the warning. I will cancel my red dwarf vacation plan and pick a brown dwarf instead.