1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Dec '13 02:16
    http://medicalxpress.com/news/2013-12-vitamin-d-impairs-immune-cell.html#nRlv

I have a lady friend with MS and we are always on the lookout for help. She is my wife's bf from childhood, now living in central Ohio. Centerburg in fact🙂
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    10 Dec '13 16:043 edits
    I am currently taking quite high dosage Vit D tablets (with calcium) and have done for years but only because I seem to be unusually prone to Vit D deficiency and I used to get pain in my bones when I didn't take extra amounts.
    Perhaps by doing this, I have been inadvertently protecting myself from such conditions such as senile dementia as I get older? I have heard evidence that dementia is also an autoimmune disease so maybe taking extra Dit D would also help to protect from that.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Dec '13 18:08
    Originally posted by humy
    I am currently taking quite high dosage Vit D tablets (with calcium) and have done for years but only because I seem to be unusually prone to Vit D deficiency and I used to get pain in my bones when I didn't take extra amounts.
    Perhaps by doing this, I have been inadvertently protecting myself from such conditions such as senile dementia as I get older? I have ...[text shortened]... is also an autoimmune disease so maybe taking extra Dit D would also help to protect from that.
    I'm thinking you have a long way to go to worry about those things, what are you, 25?
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    10 Dec '13 19:015 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I'm thinking you have a long way to go to worry about those things, what are you, 25?
    I am 49 although I actually look more like I am ~35-ish or even younger and many people have told me this -a characteristic that runs on my father side of the family which have a family history of longevity which I am extremely glad I appear to show signs of haven inherited! Unfortunately, almost the opposite is true for may mother's side with histories of early death from cancers and other horrible diseases so I keep hoping I haven't inherited too much from my mother's side!
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Dec '13 19:30
    Originally posted by humy
    I am 49 although I actually look more like I am ~35-ish or even younger and many people have told me this -a characteristic that runs on my father side of the family which have a family history of longevity which I am extremely glad I appear to show signs of haven inherited! Unfortunately, almost the opposite is true for may mother's side with histories of earl ...[text shortened]... and other horrible diseases so I keep hoping I haven't inherited too much from my mother's side!
    Well I must say I have lived a full life and it is not over, still working full time in a scientific field, age 72, not taking any meds, blood pressure normal, tending to hypoglycemia, that's about it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree