1. Joined
    24 Oct '07
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 06:03
    You have heard of the old 'hen and egg' argument. Now comes an expert in embryology who says the woman came before man according to human embryology. Anyone studying embryology or doing research in embryology? Methinks, this contradicts genetics which says the man has the 'xy' gene and the woman possesses the 'yy' gene. Since, then, the woman does not possess the 'x' gene, then man came first. Anyone?
  2. Joined
    24 Oct '07
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 06:25
    Just looked at some information about the genetics of man and woman...I stand corrected. Woman carries the x chromosome and man the y and x chromosome. Now, geneticists are saying modern woman preceded modern man. What is your take on this?
  3. Germany
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 10:27
    I'm not sure how much is known of the evolution of sexual reproduction. However, since sexual reproduction predates the human species it is obvious that the human man and woman came at the same time, i.e. the time at which one defines the "beginning" of the human species.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 16:01
    Every child needs a mother and a father to be into existence.
    The question is: How can the first human baby girl be without a father of hers?

There is no 'first woman' (nor a 'first man'😉 in human history.
  5. silicon valley
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 19:15
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_sexual_reproduction
  6. Joined
    04 May '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '10 18:35
    According to the Bible, the chicken came before the egg:

Genesis 1:20-23 And God said, "Let the waters bring forth swarms of living creatures, and let BIRDS fly above the earth across the dome of the sky." So God created the great sea monsters and every living creature that moves, of every kind, with which the waters swarm, and every winged bird of every kind. And God saw that it was good. God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds MULTIPLY on the earth." And there was evening and there was morning, the fifth day.

And yea, the X came before the Y.... the rib-thing, remember?

kind regards,
    the village atheist
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 06:12
    Originally posted by pulern
    According to the Bible, the chicken came before the egg:

Genesis 1:20-23 And God said, "Let the waters bring forth swarms of living creatures, and let BIRDS fly above the earth across the dome of the sky." So God created the great sea monsters and every living creature that moves, of every kind, with which the waters swarm, and every winged bird of every k ...[text shortened]... he X came before the Y.... the rib-thing, remember?

kind regards,
    the village atheist
    Glad you clarified that at the end.
  8. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 06:20
    Originally posted by biligesleage
    You have heard of the old 'hen and egg' argument. Now comes an expert in embryology who says the woman came before man according to human embryology. Anyone studying embryology or doing research in embryology? Methinks, this contradicts genetics which says the man has the 'xy' gene and the woman possesses the 'yy' gene. Since, then, the woman does not possess the 'x' gene, then man came first. Anyone?
    If I were to say, speaking in a spiritual point of view, that we, male or female, have ever been, being Life is just that, LIFE, would that be a bit too open minded a thought to swallow?

Life never had a beginning, nor could it ever end. However, where one is in thought to WHAT Life is measures where one would be after what is called being deceased from this temporal state of being...
  9. Germany
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 08:04
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    If I were to say, speaking in a spiritual point of view, that we, male or female, have ever been, being Life is just that, LIFE, would that be a bit too open minded a thought to swallow?

Life never had a beginning, nor could it ever end. However, where one is in thought to WHAT Life is measures where one would be after what is called being deceased from this temporal state of being...
    There's a Spirituality forum where there is plenty of room for such open-minded ideas.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree