1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    04 May '14 23:45
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=3340#comic
    dammit, I've been waiting for a good excuse to post that...
    And you beat me to it.

I so want that on a t-shirt.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '14 05:301 edit
    Biologist Exposes Lie of "Overwhelming Evidence for Evolution¨

YouTube

YouTube
  3. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 May '14 08:50
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Entropy Definition: The measure of the disorder of a system, usually denoted by the letter S. A highly ordered system has low entropy.

Example: A block of ice will increase in entropy as it melts.

http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistryglossary/a/entropydef.htm
    I have to admit to being wrong on that little footnote of mine. Well done, and thank you.
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 May '14 09:016 edits
    Originally posted by C Hess
    I have to admit to being wrong on that little footnote of mine. Well done, and thank you.
    However, RJHinds is still completely wrong and delusional about what he claims to be the implications of the second law of thermodynamics, something he has in the past repeatedly demonstrated understands nothing about and which has no implication for evolution since thermodynamic order has nothing to do with anatomical order or any other kind of biological order and life isn't a closed system anyway thus you can, and usually do, have increasing thermodynamic order without breaking that law. It has been just amazing how much he reads about it and then copies and posts into his post as if he understands it and yet doesn't really understand any of it! I guess you would surely actually have better understanding of it than him but it is a tragedy that those that are least sure of themselves understand the most while those that arrogantly think they know it all like the likes of him actually understand the least.

His same old 'arguments' (a misnomer since they consist of a series of clearly false premises and false inferences ) have been debunked again and again by me and others here and yet he continually forever repeats them as if they are still valid -because he is a moron. It is simply no good trying to reason with such a moron.
  5. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 May '14 09:59
    Biologist Exposes Lie of "Overwhelming Evidence for Evolution¨

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LTaPIK7maY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcjglx4Lt1k
    Icon 1: Miller Urey experiment

In 2008, a group of scientists examined 11 vials left over from Miller's experiments
    of the early 1950s. In addition to the classic experiment, reminiscent of Charles Darwin's
    envisioned "warm little pond", Miller had also performed more experiments, including one
    with conditions similar to those of volcanic eruptions. This experiment had a nozzle
    spraying a jet of steam at the spark discharge. By using high-performance liquid
    chromatography and mass spectrometry, the group found more organic molecules than
    Miller had. Interestingly, they found that the volcano-like experiment had produced the
    most organic molecules, 22 amino acids, 5 amines and many hydroxylated molecules,
    which could have been formed by hydroxyl radicals produced by the electrified steam. The
    group suggested that volcanic island systems became rich in organic molecules in this
    way, and that the presence of carbonyl sulfide there could have helped these molecules
    form peptides.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller%E2%80%93Urey_experiment

Icon 2: Tree of life

You will notice that he says: "the fossil record for instance, does not show this
    branching tree pattern. When you look at the different types of animals they appear at
    pretty much the same time."

"Pretty much the same time" as in enough transitional fossils of now extinct animals to
    cover a timespan of at least ten million years. You will notice that his "pretty much the
    same time" conveniently avoids this fact; a fact anyone with eyes can observe in any
    museum on natural history.

Icon 3: Homology in vertebrate limbs

It's true that you can "explain" this with a creator poofing vertebrates into existence using
    similar bone structures. Similar enough to perfectly fit the idea of common descent, in fact.
    To say that the creator could have used variations of the same basic parts, in no way
    refutes that this homology is beautifully predicted by the theory of evolution.

* predicted as in the theory suggests that we should find such homology if evolution is
    taking place.

Icon 4: Heckle's embryo drawings

PZ Myers (from: http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2007/02/15/wells-and-haeckels-embryos/):

Unfortunately, what Wells tries to do in this chapter is to take this invalid, discredited
    theory and tar modern (and even not so modern) evolutionary biology with it. The
    biogenetic law is not Darwinism or neo-Darwinism, however. It is not part of any modern
    evolutionary theory. Wells is carrying out a bait-and-switch here, marshalling the evidence
    and citations that properly demolish the Haeckelian dogma, and then claiming that this is
    part of “our best evidence for Darwin’s theory.”

Icon 5: Archaeopteryx

You know what? I'm out of time here, but suffice it to say there are rebuttals to all his
    claims.
  6. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 May '14 10:01
    Originally posted by humy
    However, RJHinds is still completely wrong and delusional about what he claims to be the implications of the second law of thermodynamics..
    Yes, but I think we've established that quite effectively now.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '14 16:42
    Icon 1: Miller Urey experiment

[quote]In 2008, a group of scientists examined 11 vials left over from Miller's experiments
    of the early 1950s. In addition to the classic experiment, reminiscent of Charles Darwin's
    envisioned "warm little pond", Miller had also performed more experiments, including one
    with conditions similar to those of volcanic erup ...[text shortened]... know what? I'm out of time here, but suffice it to say there are rebuttals to all his
    claims.
    No evidence of the truth of evolution here.
  8. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 May '14 17:09
    No evidence of the truth of evolution here.
    That wasn't the purpose of my post. The purpose was to show how his so called icons for
    "evolutionists" is in fact easily refuted straw men.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '14 22:02
    That wasn't the purpose of my post. The purpose was to show how his so called icons for
    "evolutionists" is in fact easily refuted straw men.
    Well, none of that proved him wrong in my opinion. It just seems to support that there are a bunch of frauds in the evolution camp.
  10. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 May '14 22:20
    Well, none of that proved him wrong in my opinion. It just seems to support that there are a bunch of frauds in the evolution camp.
    There are frauds in any human grouping, ain't that right RJ?

At least in science they're weeded out.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '14 22:27
    There are frauds in any human grouping, ain't that right RJ?

At least in science they're weeded out.
    In the area of evolution, science seems not to be in much of a hurry weeding out the frauds in the textbooks and museums of natural history.
  12. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 May '14 22:372 edits
    In the area of evolution, science seems not to be in much of a hurry weeding out the frauds in the textbooks and museums of natural history.
    Scientists discredited most of Haeckel's so called theory of recapitulation a long time ago.
    It's history. If you find it in a textbook you need to replace it with a book that doesn't use his
    theory.

Unless that book is to teach about the history of evolutionary theory, in which case it's
    right where it belongs, of course.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '14 22:41
    Scientists discredited most of Haeckel's so called theory of recapitulation a long time ago.
    It's history. If you find it in a textbook you need to replace it with a book that doesn't use his
    theory.
    I am not in charge of deciding what is in textbooks. The evolutionists seem to have a strangle hold on that now.
  14. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 May '14 22:50
    I am not in charge of deciding what is in textbooks. The evolutionists seem to have a strangle hold on that now.
    That would be in the publisher's hands, would it not?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '14 22:58
    That would be in the publisher's hands, would it not?
    Not if the publishers want their textbooks accepted in the public schools which are controlled by the evolutionists.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree