0 Days Timeout on Open Invites

0 Days Timeout on Open Invites

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c
'Sir' to you

Osaka, Japan

Moves
30 Jan 07

There seem to be lots of players who want to finish games within a certain time period. I know that there is another site (www.uchess.com) for people who want to play and finish a gamefast, but it seems to be for people who play (blitz chess?) too fast for the likes of me. I think that there should also be an option for people who want to start a game knowing that it would definitely finish within a week (if it's a 0/3 game) or a fortnight (0/7), etc.

Would it be possible to add the option for 0 days Timeout to Open Invites?

c
'Sir' to you

Osaka, Japan

Moves
30 Jan 07

... in fact, how about for all games that I want to set up?

Clan challenges included?

Sais

Berks.

Moves
30 Jan 07

Originally posted by c99ux
... in fact, how about for all games that I want to set up?

Clan challenges included?
0/7 is really too fast. Besides it does also allow for the potential of some users to go for a timeout win all too easily. If one player is consistently active for a short time after the other they can allow the timebank to run down considerably quickly.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
30 Jan 07

Originally posted by Peakite
0/7 is really too fast. Besides it does also allow for the potential of some users to go for a timeout win all too easily. If one player is consistently active for a short time after the other they can allow the timebank to run down considerably quickly.
"Too fast" is in the eye of the beholder. Those who feel that 0/7 is too fast could simply not accept games at that time control.

Also, people on this site have a bad habit of blaming the person who claims a timeout. This is completely backwards. If you agree to a time control, then abide by it, or lose!

c
'Sir' to you

Osaka, Japan

Moves
31 Jan 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Peakite
Yes, I see your point, and that's an important thing to remember if you play someone in a different timezone. But the parameters are there to be set and accepted or not, so people should think about their own circumstances, as well as their (possibly unknown) opponent's, before setting up or accepting games.

However, I (and possibly others? ) would like to be able to set up and/or accept games which are played under those conditions.

EDIT: Of course I wouldn't enter my clan members into such challenges without getting their consent first. I would also ask them if they want to accept other clans' challenges under those conditions as well, before accepting challenges.

JB

Moves
31 Jan 07

i think this is a good idea, because i know there are many people who want this sort of game on here....how many open invites go up with names like "only accept if you can finish now" etc? so there is a clear demand for the shorter time restrictions on games, and as previously stated in this thread, anyone who doesnt want to play these games would be under no obligation to do so, therefore they cant complain about it being there as an option really. once again, great idea, i hope this one is put into practice sometime soon