1. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 08:022 edits
    There has been a lot of chat recently in the general forum about the abusive nature of comments and people avoiding the forum. I have an idea that might allow everyone to use the forums they want with peace of mind. What I think is we should have 2 general forums. A general forum - and an over 18 general forum.

I know what you're thinking.... it makes it more appealing to the under 18's, they'll look through curiosity and years of therapy will follow.... hear me out.

We all tick our age and don't have a lot of reason to lie about it. Russ could make it so the general forum 18+ doesn't appear in the thread list of the under 18's so they don't see it. A sticky thread could be at the top explaining it and then it is easy for any parent (their were a lot of comments about good parenting) who is concerened about sites their kids are on to check it out themselves, they will see the sticky and be able to advise appropriately.

Now, here is the good bit... If someone posts something in the general forum something over the top offensive they lose access to the general forum (thye can still go to the general forum 18+)

I think this would allow people who want to chat but are worried about insults to know where to go. People who wnat to unwind and possibly turn up the heat have somewhere to do it. I'd go between both dpending on my mood....

Hope this is a possibility as I think it would help. Any other thoughts?
  2. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 08:17
    Originally posted by horsey
    There has been a lot of chat recently in the general forum about the abusive nature of comments and people avoiding the forum. I have an idea that might allow everyone to use the forums they want with peace of mind. What I think is we should have 2 general forums. A general forum - and an over 18 general forum.

I know what you're thinking.... it makes ...[text shortened]... my mood....

It's a good idea, but when you state, "we all tick our age, and don't have a lot of reason to lie about it" you're possibly not considering that nonsubs can create account after account after account (as can subs), and minor nonsubs will surely just lie about age for second account.

I still think there should be a forum for subs only, a little perk for paying users, that is adult friendly. Subs pay for membership, and paying helps prove age.

Either way, hope the issue gets resolved.
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 08:18
    Originally posted by SJ247
    It's a good idea, but when you state, "we all tick our age, and don't have a lot of reason to lie about it" you're possibly not considering that nonsubs can create account after account after account (as can subs), and minor nonsubs will surely just lie about age for second account.

I still think there should be a forum for subs only, a little perk for payi ...[text shortened]... ay for membership, and paying helps prove age.

agreed - general 18+ forum is for subs only.
  4. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 08:19
    Originally posted by horsey

I know what you're thinking.... it makes ...[text shortened]... my mood....

I'm not into this idea. Personally, I feel that if people are going to be offended by the stuff that normal people talk about in the RHP forums then they should set up a web site with a moderated forum and chat to their hearts content about non-insulting things. They can then invite all their children there.

You know what though? nobody would visit because it's the people who say the "insulting" things that have what it takes to build interesting sites like RHP that people actually want to go to.
  5. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 08:23
    Originally posted by Wheely
    I'm not into this idea. Personally, I feel that if people are going to be offended by the stuff that normal people talk about in the RHP forums then they should set up a web site with a moderated forum and chat to their hearts content about non-insulting things. They can then invite all their children there.

You know what though? nobody would visit becau ...[text shortened]... t have what it takes to build interesting sites like RHP that people actually want to go to.
    fair point - there's been a lot of comments tonight so thought I'd try to offer up a solution.....

I think the idea is solid gold..... but let's hear yours 😉
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 09:53
    Originally posted by Wheely

You know what though? nobody would visit becau ...[text shortened]... t have what it takes to build interesting sites like RHP that people actually want to go to.
    I totally agree.
  7. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 13:10
    Originally posted by SJ247

I still think there should be a forum for subs only, a little perk for payi ...[text shortened]... ay for membership, and paying helps prove age.

Sorry, But I am more inclined to agree with Wheely on this one. I hate being stuck with igits just because I am not a subscriber. Non subs are not all bad. I'm a donkey at heart.😳
  8. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 07:05
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    I'm a donkey at heart.😳
    😉
  9. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 19:05

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree