1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 16:40
    nothing major.

when someone posts a link to redhotpawn and i'm playing in timeforchess i often have to log into rhp to see the link....i would like to see the link without having to log into rhp or change the address to tfc.

also when you're editing a post or even changing it after you've written it your smiley is added to the bottom of the page rather than where you're typing, i would like this changed because i can't remember all of the smiley's and i guess most people don't either.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 16:50
    Originally posted by trev33
    nothing major.

when someone posts a link to redhotpawn and i'm playing in timeforchess i often have to log into rhp to see the link....i would like to see the link without having to log into rhp or change the address to tfc.

also when you're editing a post or even changing it after you've written it your smiley is added to the bottom of the page rather ...[text shortened]... hanged because i can't remember all of the smiley's and i guess most people don't either.
    Your First Idea:

There should be a new setting "My Settings", "My Site".

My site would be Time For Chess.

Now, when I go to a link at Red Hot Pawn, I would auto move to Time For Chess.

Russ. This is important.

Smileys stink, don't use them. They are a waste of time. Leave them alone. Adblock them all like I do.

P-
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 17:211 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Smileys stink, don't use them. They are a waste of time. Leave them alone. Adblock them all like I do.

P-
    what? 😲 a waste of time 😞 how else are we supposed to express our feelings 😕 next you'll be saying you don't believe in santa claus 😠 he's getting me a go at shakira this year 😀 the video will be going up on youtube 😛 but now the world gets to see my ugly feet 😳 that reminds me i have to buy a new pair of shoes 😉 bush didn't give them back to me 🙁 i was slagged all night by the police about missing him :'( they made me spend the night in a cell with 4 20 stoner bold mexican guys bum f'ing me all night so now i'm very 😴 what they didn't know was that i have aids and how they're going to die a slow and horrible death 😵 maybe they'll be pleased they get to infect other people who can't throw a shoe 🙄 but i don't care, did you see the look on bush's face? 🙂
  4. The sky
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 17:41
    what? 😲 a waste of time 😞 how else are we supposed to express our feelings 😕 next you'll be saying you don't believe in santa claus 😠 he's getting me a go at shakira this year 😀 the video will be going up on youtube 😛 but now the world gets to see my ugly feet 😳 that reminds me i have to buy a new pair of shoes 😉 bush didn't give them back to me 🙁 i ...[text shortened]... who can't throw a shoe 🙄 but i don't care, did you see the look on bush's face? 🙂
    Hi widget! 😉😲😵🙄
  5. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 19:201 edit
    nothing major.

also when you're editing a post or even changing it after you've written it your smiley is added to the bottom of the page rather hanged because i can't remember all of the smiley's and i guess most people don't either.
    Links are evaluated by the browser, not the site.
    If you had a setting on the server that made links to RHP always re-direct to timeforchess (for example), then you'd have to be logged in to RHP in order for this to work - otherwise the server can't know where the redirect should go.
    It also would result in double hits for the servers - once to find out where to go and another once the re-direct is issued.

If you're posting a link to a thread here in a private forum leave out the http://server bit from the url tags and the link will work from whichever site it is clicked -

[url=/board/post.php?threadid=105156]like this[/url]
    instead of this
    [url=http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/post.php?threadid=105156]which always takes you to redhotpawn[/url]

If you're following links that take you to redhotpawn and you're logged in at chessatwork, then just overwrite the server in the address bar of your browser.

As for the adding smileys into the text at the cursor point - I agree. This should be possible using the selectionEnd and selecttionStart properties of the textArea.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree