1. Joined
    28 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 09:13
    Originally posted by trev33
    don't patronize him.

so this idea, would it automatically make you unavailable for challenges when reached or is it up to the clan leader to respect your wish of, lets say 20 clan games even though your available for games?

it's a pointless feature in my opinion, at the moment even if there is no communication between a member and its leader (lame) the ...[text shortened]... e important things that need to be sorted out. rating floors anyone?

the defense rests.
    The defense? Don't you mean the prosecution?

Do you think that suggestions of this sort get in the way of getting ratings floors? Don't crap on someone else's idea and then promote your own in their thread. Seems kinda petty to me.
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 10:33
    Where is the harm in a subscriber having more control of their own activity. If folk don't like it don't use it.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 15:33
    Originally posted by TSaffle
    The defense? Don't you mean the prosecution?

Do you think that suggestions of this sort get in the way of getting ratings floors? Don't crap on someone else's idea and then promote your own in their thread. Seems kinda petty to me.
    no, i stand by 'defense'.

rating floors was not my idea... it is just a million times better than this idea and would actually benefit the site. i'm not sure how much you venture into the forums a lot but those of us that do, especially site idea knows how long it normally takes the admin from implanting any new feature, we asked for continual move and voila about 2 years later they appear. rating floors is important this 'idea' isn't. if a member and clan leader can't communicate on how many games they want what the hell are they doing in the clan? on the list of things that need to be done this one is waaaay down.

don't crap on about someone being petty when you fail to respond to reasonable criticisms about the idea. that's pretty childish and self centered. there's two people running this site, it's not the only things they do... do you think they have time to implement every single minute ultimately pointless idea? no. lets sort out the things that really actually needed first. m'key?
  4. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 15:58
    Recd. I like the idea. It would be handy when making clanchallenges to directly be able to see the preferences (max. amount of challenges they want to play, im not so much interested in the prefered timecontrol) of all members.

These preferences could be listed as a replacement of the "Max Games[site]" column on the "Clan Members Info." page.
    If members set this preference (somewhere under "My Clan Settings" for example), clanleaders cant be 'blamed' that they made to many challenges.
    When a members preference is changing (because hes getting more or less buisy) he can directly change this setting.

I used to have a tekst file in which I listed all my members preferences. But I lost this info when my computer broke when I 'recently' moved houses. Would be usefull to see this information directly on RHP.

Weather or not this would be a high priority on the to-do list is irrelevant to the idea and the discussion about it.
  5. Joined
    28 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 18:05
    no, i stand by 'defense'.

rating floors was not my idea... it is just a million times better than this idea and would actually benefit the site. i'm not sure how much you venture into the forums a lot but those of us that do, especially site idea knows how long it normally takes the admin from implanting any new feature, we asked for continual move and voi ...[text shortened]... intless idea? no. lets sort out the things that really actually needed first. m'key?
    Ugh. Do you think this feature suggestion is keeping Russ and team from bringing ratings floors on board any sooner? Or the black moves first feature? Should everyone in the forums stop posting their ideas until you get your features in place? Not sure I consider that resonable criticism here. If Russ is going to get the ratings floors in place it will be way before this feature ever sees the light of day. So rest assured pal.

Some ideas here are bigger and more important than others, but good small ideas are still good. I fail to see how anyone can completely against a 'choice' feature such as this. If you don't like it you don't use it.

Sorry, but I will always crap on someone for being petty.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 18:35
    Ugh. Do you think this feature suggestion is keeping Russ and team from bringing ratings floors on board any sooner? Or the black moves first feature? Should everyone in the forums stop posting their ideas until you get your features in place? Not sure I consider that reasonable criticism here. If Russ is going to get the ratings floors in place it will be w ...[text shortened]... don't like it you don't use it.

Sorry, but I will always crap on someone for being petty.
    Should everyone in the forums stop posting their ideas until you get your features in place?

yes, that would be nice 😛 /joke

so answer this... in this feature if i say i want 10 games for clan x and i reach 10 games for clan x will my availability for clan leagues automatically be switched off or will it be up to the clam leader to respect my wishes?

anything that can be resolved by simple communication between clam leader/member or by the clam member turning off their availability for clam games i fail to see the point behind tbh. sure some people will use it... but some people would use an automated resign feature should they fall x amount of 'points' behind their opponent in any of their games, does this mean that it's not a pointless idea?
  7. Joined
    28 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 19:09
    [b]Should everyone in the forums stop posting their ideas until you get your features in place?

so answer this... in this feature if i say i want 10 games for clan x and i reach 10 games for clan x will my availability for clan leagues automatically be switched off or will it be up to the clam leader to respect my wi ...[text shortened]... ' behind their opponent in any of their games, does this mean that it's not a pointless idea?[/b]
    Okay okay. I think I understand your question and will try to answer and give the reasons I would like this feature, but..... the person who proposed this idea should probably be the one to lay out the details.

If you say that you want a 10 game limit for a clan then once you have 10 games going the leader has to respect your wishes and cannot create more games for you - until you have finished games and can play more, or change your settings. Of course it remains the clan leader's choice to boot you if he/she does not like your gameload options. Again, this feature would just be an option you can choose to use or not.

Forgive me for saying this but it does not look like you play a great number of games on here trev33. Sometimes I have over 90 games which feels like a whole lot - my choice though. My problem with only being able to limit total number of games is that one clan will sign me up for most of these slots. I would like to play an even number of games continually for all my clans. Just a preference of mine. Also, since my needs change with my life in terms of wanting more or less of a gameload make this option desirable as I can just create my own personal clan gameload limit and there is not a bunch of messy PM's flying around, and the leader does not have to write all these details down to keep track. Communication can be slow between correspondence chess players for obvious reasons. This would be quicker and cannot be screwed up.

As for you last paragraph of questioning I don't know anything about clam leaders - is this an alien race or something - and I didn't know we were talking about any automated resign feature.
  8. Joined
    28 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 19:15
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    Recd. I like the idea. It would be handy when making clanchallenges to directly be able to see the preferences (max. amount of challenges they want to play, im not so much interested in the prefered timecontrol) of all members.

These preferences could be listed as a replacement of the "Max Games[site]" column on the "Clan Members Info." page.
    If members ...[text shortened]... high priority on the to-do list is irrelevant to the idea and the discussion about it.
    Agreed.
  9. Joined
    28 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 19:44
    [b]Should everyone in the forums stop posting their ideas until you get your features in place?

so answer this... in this feature if i say i want 10 games for clan x and i reach 10 games for clan x will my availability for clan leagues automatically be switched off or will it be up to the clam leader to respect my wi ...[text shortened]... ' behind their opponent in any of their games, does this mean that it's not a pointless idea?[/b]
    I see now you said clan leagues. This question was already answered earlier in the thread.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 19:52
    Okay okay. I think I understand your question and will try to answer and give the reasons I would like this feature, but..... the person who proposed this idea should probably be the one to lay out the details.

If you say that you want a 10 game limit for a clan then once you have 10 games going the leader has to respect your wishes and cannot create more ...[text shortened]... en race or something - and I didn't know we were talking about any automated resign feature.
    well if when your number of desired games has been reached and it's still up to the clan leader to send you games or not i really do see it as a useless feature... if however when reach it automatically made you unavailable for games until you either change it yourself or dip under the wanted figure. do you see what i'm saying?

actually thinking about it if did automatically turn your availability off for clan games, while not essential or even necessary in any way, it's not a bad idea... but if it's just a figure that the clan leader can see and disregard if he wants it's pretty pointless imo.

sure i'm not playing many games now but that doesn't mean i haven't in the past or won't in the future... plus someone who is playing, say 25 games could feel just as overloaded with games as sometime with 150. it's all relative. so lets not bring the number of games we're playing into the discussion, as because like you said yourself- things change. m'key?

My problem with only being able to limit total number of games is that one clan will sign me up for most of these slots. I would like to play an even number of games continually for all my clans. Just a preference of mine.

no, at the moment you can chose which clan you want to be available for... so if you want an even number of games for each clan, lets say 20 per clan. and you reach 20 with clan x but you only have 10 or so with clans y and z, instead of having to talk with the leader of clan x like you used to have to do now you can simply make yourself unavailable for challenges for only clan x while continuing to accept games from y and/or z. the clan member now as total power over how many games they play for each clan they're in and any new feature wouldn't really change anything. ergo it would be a bit of a waste of time to implement.
  11. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 20:08
    My problem here is that the option he's talking about is not already availible. You can set an overall limit to the games you can play - clans, regular, ect.... And you can choose to make yourself availible or not for play in a specific clan. But you cannot specifically set the number of games you play in each clan.

Understand the difference?

Why expe ...[text shortened]... re you saying that if I PM Russ/Admins with all my ideas they are much more likely to happen?
    I understand the difference perfectly well, but you can set the number of games you play for the clan by deciding to make yourself unavailable when you have reached your limit.

Its not exactly rocket science. Can't understand why clans would have such bad communications. I know it doesn't happen within IVV, and I am pretty certain the likes of Metallica, Clan Amsterdamn, Kiwi Clan etc don't have a problem in this regard either.

What you do not address is how challenges initiated by other clan leaders will be dealt with.

If a player is shown as available then they can be included in a clan challenge - however if the player is already playing their self imposed maximum games for that clan how will the challenging clan know this so that they do not include that player within the challenge?

Also, say a player has a limit of 20 games but is only playing 10 and they then put up their vacation flag. Does this mean that the Clan Leader could add a further 10 games to the players workload, even though they are on holiday, because they have said they are willing to play up to 20 games?

These may seem like trivial questions, but as a high gameload player, I want to know that if I say I am willing to play 100 clan games, but go on holiday for 14 days with only 50 games in progress, that I will not be coming back to 100 games that may need me to move immediately to avoid timeout!

Non Vacation Tournament - yes, sometimes you get more response, and possibly a tournament, by PMing Russ/Chris direct when it comes to specific tournament ideas.

I like the idea of going back to the old days and playing within the agreed game limits without an opponent being able to take 20 days holiday.

Get rid of vacation time I say, however too many people want it, so it will stay 🙁
  12. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 20:092 edits
  13. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 20:091 edit
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 20:13
    can you post that again adram? i didn't quite get it the first 3 times 😛

i take you you just got the 'testing, testing'? message after that post as well?
  15. Joined
    28 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 20:24
    well if when your number of desired games has been reached and it's still up to the clan leader to send you games or not i really do see it as a useless feature... if however when reach it automatically made you unavailable for games until you either change it yourself or dip under the wanted figure. do you see what i'm saying?

actually thinking about it ...[text shortened]... 't really change anything. ergo it would be a bit of a waste of time to implement.
    I clearly said that it is not up to the clan leader - the player regulates their regular clan gameload limit. m'key?

I wasn't saying there is anything bad about having fewer games trev33 - but that the more games you have the more use there is for regulating game loads, which is to say that perhaps you're small gameload perspective is playing a part in this discussion. If I had only around 10 games going I would not be worried about regulating clan games either, and neither would my clan leader.

Being able to say that I can either play for a clan, or not at all, is not the same as regulating clan gameload limits. Your xyz argument is exactly why I like this idea - that is I don't have to juggle PM's & switching availibility on and off to rotate clan play availibility. But again - if I had as few games going as you I would'nt have use for this feature either....... maybe.

You should really stop worrying about the time it takes to implement a feature here. My $40 sub should let me make all the suggestions I want and should help the admins implement whatever they deem fit for the site.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree