1. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '08 10:34
    I often want to look up the replies (with quote) to my posts on the threads but find this job extremely tedious and time consuming because it often involves a search through several threads and searching back a few pages on each of those threads.
    I am sure many of you have had this problem also.

So I propose that there should be a “replies to posts” search facility to do the search for all the replies to your posts for us and for this facility enable you to instantly give you a list of replies to all your posts that you have not yet viewed and then, with just one click, allow you to go straight to the correct thread and page number where that reply is -this would save a huge amount of time and tedium.

Will some of you show support for that?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '08 10:46
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    I often want to look up the replies (with quote) to my posts on the threads but find this job extremely tedious and time consuming because it often involves a search through several threads and searching back a few pages on each of those threads.
    I am sure many of you have had this problem also.

So I propose that there should be a “replies to po ...[text shortened]... is -this would save a huge amount of time and tedium.

Will some of you show support for that?
    I agree.

If every posting had a number (perhaps of a ttttt:ppppp kind of numbering system), then it's very possible to link to this posting. Either automatically with a "Link to the posting that was replied", or as a [PostId]12345[/PostId] kind of manual link to any posting.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 Nov '08 16:01
    I support the idea

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree