1. Joined
    07 Sep '03
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 07:47
    I think the ability to change name once for each paid membership would be interesting feature. And you know you can get another customer too 🙂
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 14:08
    Originally posted by SSJ4GogetaSSJ4
    I think the ability to change name once for each paid membership would be interesting feature. And you know you can get another customer too 🙂
    The admins only do this in rare cases when a customer used poor judgement and used a real name or name that gives too much personal info... and in some cases to brand new users who've only played a handful of games.

With a long time user like yourself it won't be done. Too many players will see they played a name they do not recognize... and be all like "Where did all my games with SSJ4GogetaSSJ4 go!?~"

This request has been made before, and this is pretty much the standard answer along with other reasons I'm sure.
  3. Joined
    07 Sep '03
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 14:24
    hmm interesting.

so couldnt the database change the name whereever needed?
    in our profile it can put "original username: xxx"

that way people still know who you are.
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 14:411 edit
    There is a chap that frequents 'spirituality', posted zillions of times along with many many games, who was allowed to change his name based solely upon his own sometimes poorly judged post content .'Wrongly associated with' or whatever the actual reason to change but he WAS allowed to change and guess what, he continues down the same well trodden path of posting...my guess is how you ask is as important as the actual reasoning behind the request to change, as the games associated with a screen name is the least of admin's worries or concerns, they are easily 'fixed'.. ??
  5. Joined
    07 Sep '03
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 14:53
    Yes I can provide several reasons but I prefer to only PM an admin or whoever is in charge.
  6. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 15:391 edit
    Yes I can provide several reasons but I prefer to only PM an admin or whoever is in charge.
    You have had the name for 8 years and now you want to change it!!

Unless of course you are the same person who has their own channel on youtube !!
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 17:05
    Try "site feedback" (found bottom of every page here), that's the private direct line to an admin.

P-
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Sep '11 15:51
    Originally posted by Chess1987
    As "Chess1987" is a perfectly decent, perfectly workable name, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Richard
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Sep '11 16:48
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    As "Chess1987" is a perfectly decent, perfectly workable name, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Richard
    That's right Shallow Blue!~ Chances are Chess1987's new name will NOT be changed.

P-
  10. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    30 Sep '11 18:19
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    That's right Shallow Blue!~ Chances are Chess1987's new name will NOT be changed.

P-
    Amazing that they survived 8 years with the original name of SSJ4GogetaSSJ4 and now wanted and got a new name.

🙄
  11. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    30 Sep '11 18:50
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue

Richard
    It's certainly a name that does not conjure up any racist connotations, not dislike of gay parades.
  12. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 02:49
    WOW, I can't believe it...less than 2days passed between the initial forum comment, the obvious 'formal' request and the new name being unveiled before our eyes...this just has to be divine intervention.. some of us should be encouraged by such as it NO DOUBT shows that the powers that be do indeed work fast when 'needed'...it must have been desperate for Mr or Ms 'SSJ4GogetaSSJ4' but now that has been resolved so so quickly, I ask just the one thing.. why on earth is it taking so long to implement and why aren't ALL banded tournaments operating under the same conditions, regardless of who instigated it...come on guys, CLUB tournament entry should be no different to the sites !!
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 03:06
    Even more impressive was the fact that he's not even a paying customer ...
  14. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 21:22
    When I first registered here name was originally my full name. It is now my initials. Probably. #shock

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree