1. Standard memberivangrice
    Deracinated
    Sydney
    Joined
    29 Jan '04
    Moves
    103056
    13 Sep '05 19:17
    Think about it. Rec whoring posts will cease and everyone will soon know who the shallow a**holes are.
  2. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    14671
    13 Sep '05 19:35
    No one really cares about recs and I call on everyone who agrees to show their support for my position in the customary way...
  3. Standard memberivangrice
    Deracinated
    Sydney
    Joined
    29 Jan '04
    Moves
    103056
    13 Sep '05 20:15
    Originally posted by dottewell
    No one really cares about recs and I call on everyone who agrees to show their support for my position in the customary way...
    Would the loss of these types of posts be such a bad thing?
  4. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    14671
    13 Sep '05 21:371 edit
    "Why does this type of post cause me so much offence?" is the question I think you should be asking yourself (or perhaps a counsellor).
  5. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Joined
    26 May '04
    Moves
    25751
    14 Sep '05 03:24
    Originally posted by ivangrice
    Would the loss of these types of posts be such a bad thing?
    They're a form of entertainment, at least when they're mildly witty like this one. So the answer is yes.
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    20117
    14 Sep '05 09:22
    u know, it would be much more nicer if u can see who recommended your remarks in forums.

    How about that?
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    14 Sep '05 10:331 edit
    Originally posted by Nicolaas
    u know, it would be much more nicer if u can see who recommended your remarks in forums.

    How about that?
    You know it would be much much more nicer if you actually stop using stupid abbreviations.
  8. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    Joined
    23 Mar '04
    Moves
    208661
    14 Sep '05 18:33
    Especially NZ?
  9. Standard memberivangrice
    Deracinated
    Sydney
    Joined
    29 Jan '04
    Moves
    103056
    14 Sep '05 20:55
    Originally posted by dottewell
    "Why does this type of post cause me so much offence?" is the question I think you should be asking yourself (or perhaps a counsellor).
    Hmm. You think my point of view requires the services of a counsellor. Why would that be?
  10. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    14671
    14 Sep '05 21:431 edit
    Originally posted by ivangrice
    Hmm. You think my point of view requires the services of a counsellor. Why would that be?
    Because if you don't like such posts then just ignore them! It's not worth getting bothered about in the slightest.
  11. Standard memberivangrice
    Deracinated
    Sydney
    Joined
    29 Jan '04
    Moves
    103056
    15 Sep '05 18:56
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Because if you don't like such posts then just ignore them! It's not worth getting bothered about in the slightest.
    And *that* requires the services of a counsellor? I'm failing to connect with you on a profound level here...and you're not even American.
  12. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    14671
    15 Sep '05 22:34
    Originally posted by ivangrice
    And *that* requires the services of a counsellor? I'm failing to connect with you on a profound level here...and you're not even American.
    Frankly, yes. It is only a short step from getting het up about recs to doing a full-blown "Falling Down".
  13. Standard memberivangrice
    Deracinated
    Sydney
    Joined
    29 Jan '04
    Moves
    103056
    15 Sep '05 22:37
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Frankly, yes. It is only a short step from getting het up about recs to doing a full-blown "Falling Down".
    In your opinion.
  14. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    14671
    15 Sep '05 22:46
    Yes. But then I have been a counsellor for the past 15 years.
  15. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    14671
    15 Sep '05 23:21
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Yes. But then I have been a counsellor for the past 15 years.
    Actually just checked my CV and apparently I haven't.
Back to Top