Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. Standard member ivangrice
    Deracinated
    13 Sep '05 19:17
    Think about it. Rec whoring posts will cease and everyone will soon know who the shallow a**holes are.
  2. 13 Sep '05 19:35
    No one really cares about recs and I call on everyone who agrees to show their support for my position in the customary way...
  3. Standard member ivangrice
    Deracinated
    13 Sep '05 20:15
    Originally posted by dottewell
    No one really cares about recs and I call on everyone who agrees to show their support for my position in the customary way...
    Would the loss of these types of posts be such a bad thing?
  4. 13 Sep '05 21:37 / 1 edit
    "Why does this type of post cause me so much offence?" is the question I think you should be asking yourself (or perhaps a counsellor).
  5. Standard member orfeo
    Missing 285 + 1
    14 Sep '05 03:24
    Originally posted by ivangrice
    Would the loss of these types of posts be such a bad thing?
    They're a form of entertainment, at least when they're mildly witty like this one. So the answer is yes.
  6. 14 Sep '05 09:22
    u know, it would be much more nicer if u can see who recommended your remarks in forums.

How about that?
  7. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    14 Sep '05 10:33 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Nicolaas
    u know, it would be much more nicer if u can see who recommended your remarks in forums.

How about that?
    You know it would be much much more nicer if you actually stop using stupid abbreviations.
  8. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    14 Sep '05 18:33
    Especially NZ?
  9. Standard member ivangrice
    Deracinated
    14 Sep '05 20:55
    "Why does this type of post cause me so much offence?" is the question I think you should be asking yourself (or perhaps a counsellor).
    Hmm. You think my point of view requires the services of a counsellor. Why would that be?
  10. 14 Sep '05 21:43 / 1 edit
    Hmm. You think my point of view requires the services of a counsellor. Why would that be?
    Because if you don't like such posts then just ignore them! It's not worth getting bothered about in the slightest.
  11. Standard member ivangrice
    Deracinated
    15 Sep '05 18:56
    Because if you don't like such posts then just ignore them! It's not worth getting bothered about in the slightest.
    And *that* requires the services of a counsellor? I'm failing to connect with you on a profound level here...and you're not even American.
  12. 15 Sep '05 22:34
    And *that* requires the services of a counsellor? I'm failing to connect with you on a profound level here...and you're not even American.
    Frankly, yes. It is only a short step from getting het up about recs to doing a full-blown "Falling Down".
  13. Standard member ivangrice
    Deracinated
    15 Sep '05 22:37
    Frankly, yes. It is only a short step from getting het up about recs to doing a full-blown "Falling Down".
    In your opinion.
  14. 15 Sep '05 22:46
    Yes. But then I have been a counsellor for the past 15 years.
  15. 15 Sep '05 23:21
    Yes. But then I have been a counsellor for the past 15 years.
    Actually just checked my CV and apparently I haven't.