Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Standard member MrVarnell
    The Unteachable
    30 Jul '10 03:31
    I dont know about anyone else, but periodically im running across words links to ads. They're disguised and tricky. I thought we payed membership to be "add free"? No?
  2. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    30 Jul '10 06:15
    Originally posted by MrVarnell
    I dont know about anyone else, but periodically im running across words links to ads. They're disguised and tricky. I thought we payed membership to be "add free"? No?
    That sounds odd. Where exactly are seeing the ads (which pages and where on the page)?
  3. Standard member MrVarnell
    The Unteachable
    30 Jul '10 14:14
    If you scroll across any of the double-underlined words, an add pops up. They're in status bars or even in messages that you recieve. There's one in the posting guidelines as Im typing this now. Is that a browser thing or and RHP thing?
  4. 30 Jul '10 14:17
    Originally posted by MrVarnell
    If you scroll across any of the double-underlined words, an add pops up. They're in status bars or even in messages that you recieve. There's one in the posting guidelines as Im typing this now. Is that a browser thing or and RHP thing?
    it's not an rhp thing. i've never had pop-up ads here.
  5. 30 Jul '10 15:14 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    it's not an rhp thing. i've never had pop-up ads here.
    Same here. I don't have any ads when in RHP.

    You should scan your computer for unwanted malware.
  6. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    30 Jul '10 18:37 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by MrVarnell
    If you scroll across any of the double-underlined words, an add pops up. They're in status bars or even in messages that you recieve. There's one in the posting guidelines as Im typing this now. Is that a browser thing or and RHP thing?
    If it's double underline words with pop-ups then it's more than likely to be a plugin for your browser. Are you using Internet Explorer?
  7. Standard member MrVarnell
    The Unteachable
    30 Jul '10 20:46
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    If it's double underline words with pop-ups then it's more than likely to be a plugin for your browser. Are you using Internet Explorer?
    yep
  8. Standard member MrVarnell
    The Unteachable
    30 Jul '10 21:12
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    If it's double underline words with pop-ups then it's more than likely to be a plugin for your browser. Are you using Internet Explorer?
    your right. its on everything. how do i turn it off?
  9. Standard member MrVarnell
    The Unteachable
    30 Jul '10 21:13
    Make it stop! Make the voices stop!
  10. 31 Jul '10 05:55
    Originally posted by MrVarnell
    Make it stop! Make the voices stop!
    I told you: You should scan your computer for unwanted malware.
  11. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    31 Jul '10 12:23
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I told you: You should scan your computer for unwanted malware.
    He probably doesn't understand FF, let alone have any malware / anti-virus software. Someone needs to walk him through it.

    skeeter
  12. Standard member MrVarnell
    The Unteachable
    31 Jul '10 13:50
    Originally posted by skeeter
    He probably doesn't understand FF, let alone have any malware / anti-virus software. Someone needs to walk him through it.

    skeeter
    Wow skeeter!

    I love your attitude towards others. Im sure it really takes you places.

    Thanks for all the help.
  13. 01 Aug '10 21:37
    Originally posted by MrVarnell
    your right. its on everything. how do i turn it off?
    Stop visiting dodgy porn sites in the future will help a lot
  14. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    03 Aug '10 09:05
    Installed any "toolbars" recently?
  15. Standard member MrVarnell
    The Unteachable
    10 Aug '10 20:36
    ran malwarebites and it got it.

    Thanks to all for the malicious attacks on my intellect and moral standards. They were a great help.