1. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 01:05
    Hey Russ:

Can you make it such that if a person alerts their own post, it gets deleted? My stupid mouse
    fires 'double clicks' sometimes and it would be great if I could alert my own (second) post to get
    it deleted.

Nemesio
  2. The sky
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 01:15
    I agree, it should be possible to delete your own posts (I think it's possible in all other fora I have been to). It should also be possible to edit them whenever you want, not just for an hour. That could also be useful in cases where some part of an otherwise interesting post is deemed inappropriate - instead of deleting the whole post, the moderator could ask the poster to edit it.
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 04:08
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Hey Russ:

Can you make it such that if a person alerts their own post, it gets deleted? My stupid mouse
    fires 'double clicks' sometimes and it would be great if I could alert my own (second) post to get
    it deleted.

Nemesio
    The ability to delete your own posts without a trace could lead to all sorts of things. I'm losing an argument, I'll just pretend I was never here. Some of that can be counteracted by quotes but still.

I can look past the occasional double post and really a single empty (because you edit it to contain nothing but "Double Post" or similar) isn't that bad.
  4. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 13:321 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I agree, it should be possible to delete your own posts (I think it's possible in all other fora I have been to). It should also be possible to edit them whenever you want, not just for an hour. That could also be useful in cases where some part of an otherwise interesting post is deemed inappropriate - instead of deleting the whole post, the moderator could ask the poster to edit it.
    Yes. Please be patient, I will edit this post a few days ago.

EDIT: (Please write something here)

EDIT2: (Please write something here)

EDIT3: (Please write something here)

EDIT4: Editted.
  5. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 16:21
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Hey Russ:

it deleted.

Nemesio
    this is some surreal freakin stuff here bro.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree