1. Standard memberleestatic
    Hristos voskrese
    feckin' 'ell
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 15:51
    I'm sure it's been said before (me for one in another thread) but who thinks russ should offer an amnesty week all players that have used an engine or especially for people who created multiple accounts to admit it (via pm) or leave then RHP still receives subscription money and good characters remain, of course they should be monitored from time to time.
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 16:14
    They can always rejoin under a different username. It is not like they in person got humiliated or something.
  3. Northumberland
    Moves
    25 Oct '05 13:32
    Originally posted by leestatic
    I'm sure it's been said before (me for one in another thread) but who thinks russ should offer an amnesty week all players that have used an engine or especially for people who created multiple accounts to admit it (via pm) or leave then RHP still receives subscription money and good characters remain, of course they should be monitored from time to time.
    Ive been reading posts about banned players ect,and feel this subject is ripping this great chess site apart, what once seemed a friendly site has turned to unease and forming into factions going at each others throats.Maybe with hindsight it could have what I call "the line in the sand"policy
    which would be anybody found to have broken the TOS after this certain future date to be set by Russ or Game Mods, would be banned.Also it would give a new starting point from which everyone knows what would happen, and they would have "no comeback" if found to have cheated from that date.As for the players that have been banned already-do you think they would want to come back anyway, when we know they have been found to have been breaking TOS ?. (i dont think they will return) it would also give game mods the chance to focus on players where new allegations are made. Maybe this would solve some of the negativity being posted on the site forums.We asked & voted for game mods,we got them they are doing the job we asked of them.Playing online chess is about TRUST, you trust that the person your playing is not cheating, otherwise the only way is playing OTB games in local chess clubs.I think the game mods is a good thing, but some players disagree with some of the decisions made banning some players,which will happen but what do we do, draw a line in the sand perhaps? and Game Modes methods for detecting cheats & evidence...well thats another matter, for which I personally wouldnt know where to start & is best left to those that know what theyre doing.I dont envy them getting a lot of stick for doing something that was voted on by members of this site. Im not sticking up for cheats,alleged cheats or Game Mods, its this CHESS site that Im concerned with and want it to grow, not implode.
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 03:12
    Originally posted by Alnwick Gadgy
    Ive been reading posts about banned players ect,and feel this subject is ripping this great chess site apart, what once seemed a friendly site has turned to unease and forming into factions going at each others throats.Maybe with hindsight it could have what I call "the line in the sand"policy
    which would be anybody found to have broken the TOS afte ...[text shortened]... heats or Game Mods, its this CHESS site that Im concerned with and want it to grow, not implode.
    You would remember a while back where every member was asked to agree once more with the ToS.
    That was the line in the sand. We're way past that now.
  5. Northumberland
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 13:16
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    You would remember a while back where every member was asked to agree once more with the ToS.
    That was the line in the sand. We're way past that now.
    I agree, you make a valid point to which I hadnt thought of.
  6. silicon valley
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 09:41
    public mea culpas, disgorge all tournament wins, and revert their ratings to 500 ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree