Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. 17 Jul '07 12:37
    When posting a new thread or a PM would it be possible to have a warning if you press the return button by accident but you have already made your title???

I have sent a PM recently but forgot to press tab on the box to write my message, this was then sent with NO content. A reminder to say "There is NO content in this post would you still like to send?" would be very handy, a little like the message you get when you type swear words in. (so I have heard! )

Thanks
  2. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    17 Jul '07 15:47
    Originally posted by rmacken
    When posting a new thread or a PM would it be possible to have a warning if you press the return button by accident but you have already made your title???

I have sent a PM recently but forgot to press tab on the box to write my message, this was then sent with NO content. A reminder to say "There is NO content in this post would you still like to send?" ...[text shortened]... ttle like the message you get when you type swear words in. (so I have heard! )

Thanks
    I agree... or disable the enter sending the message. I've done this several times myself.

P-
  3. 17 Jul '07 16:26 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I agree... or disable the enter sending the message. I've done this several times myself.

P-
    When creating a new thread, I would be happy if I could edit the title too, not only the posting itself.
    It's very easy to forget the title before hitting the submit.
    Or having a preview before submitting it.
  4. 17 Jul '07 18:05
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    When creating a new thread, I would be happy if I could edit the title too, not only the posting itself.
    It's very easy to forget the title before hitting the submit.
    Or having a preview before submitting it.
    Not to claim your glory, but I have mentioned this further down but its still a great idea.

5. 17 Jul '07 18:11 / 1 edit
    Not to claim your glory, but I have mentioned this further down but its still a great idea.

Me too last year, and people before me said the same to me about having requested it......so it is obviously wanted by a lot of us.
    [preview, I'm on about]
  6. 18 Jul '07 08:45
    Let's broaden its appeal a bit - how about an option in your settings for "I require a confirmation when sending a move or a post" i.e. of the "confirm Y/N" type ?
  7. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    18 Jul '07 09:10
    Editing thread titles can make tracking threads difficult. I disagree with such a feature. The benefits are very very small and don't outweigh the costs.

A warning/confirmation with preview would be the best, in my opinion.
  8. 18 Jul '07 09:25

I've had post the same idea long before!
    But never mind that, I don't have any copy rights for my ideas. A good idea is worth repeating. :-)
  9. 18 Jul '07 11:04
    If it is that good, should it be recced?

Or does Russ and Chris actually read these threads? After all, its their site we are trying to improve.
  10. 18 Jul '07 11:35

Or does Russ and Chris actually read these threads?
    Yes they do - Russ has said in the past that he does.
  11. 18 Jul '07 11:52
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Yes they do - Russ has said in the past that he does.
    Must be a tough feature to implement then?