1. Subscribergregaj
    Grega Jesih
    Koper
    Moves
    15 Jan '07 20:53
    Hi members.
    This one might be a odd one, but I think it has potential.
    Extending the idea of "about you" memo in the personal profile,
    the site could allow to present an own frame for each move. So after each move 2 unknown players could share individual presentation .. let's say over a link leading to a goal photo/page.. anything on the net. Of course proper use is suggested...

User interface suggestion: up to X links (for game = ? moves),
    a track of "already seen" presentations and a sub-window.. maybe the one that is used for commercial purpose for non-members.
    And a "I don't like presentations on my screen" checbox for the ones that does'n like to get involved in sharing ideas & facts.

Grega
  2. Standard membercoentje
    Plop!
    /dev/null
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 02:41
    Originally posted by gregaj
    Hi members.
    This one might be a odd one, but I think it has potential.
    Extending the idea of "about you" memo in the personal profile,
    the site could allow to present an own frame for each move. So after each move 2 unknown players could share individual presentation .. let's say over a link leading to a goal photo/page.. anything on the net. Of course ...[text shortened]... ecbox for the ones that does'n like to get involved in sharing ideas & facts.

Grega
    😕

huh?? I have no idea what you are trying to suggest here
  3. Joined
    23 Mar '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '07 19:50
    mmm, i got confused as well.
  4. Standard membercoentje
    Plop!
    /dev/null
    Moves
    18 Jan '07 01:02
    Originally posted by yarayara
    mmm, i got confused as well.
    I am not sure he does understand it himself since he does not seem to be able to explain it a little bit better 😉
  5. Subscribergregaj
    Grega Jesih
    Koper
    Moves
    18 Jan '07 22:40
    Okay, a plastic example 😛

Let's say I play with coentje. We never met. But I want to get to know you, since it's nice to meet new people. It's always us, people behind these boards.
    One might want to present himself to the other player. To reduce extended complication, each move allows to apply 1 photo (or 1 link to one). Let's say that to every new player I play with, I can so make a nice presentation. Like the SMS thing, but in more self-presentational context. Programmed ahead.. like a pss list of photos, to colorize the screen and .. get to know each other.

No ? Yes ?
  6. Berks.
    Moves
    18 Jan '07 23:04
    Originally posted by gregaj
    Okay, a plastic example 😛

Let's say I play with coentje. We never met. But I want to get to know you, since it's nice to meet new people. It's always us, people behind these boards.
    One might want to present himself to the other player. To reduce extended complication, each move allows to apply 1 photo (or 1 link to one). Let's say that to every new pla ...[text shortened]... a pss list of photos, to colorize the screen and .. get to know each other.

No ? Yes ?
    It's a chess site, not a dating one (although it does have at least one marriage to its credit). Why would anyone really want to send a photo each move. Besides, you can send a link with each move as it is - the message opponent feature does the job.
  7. Standard membercoentje
    Plop!
    /dev/null
    Moves
    19 Jan '07 01:12
    Originally posted by Peakite
    It's a chess site, not a dating one (although it does have at least one marriage to its credit). Why would anyone really want to send a photo each move. Besides, you can send a link with each move as it is - the message opponent feature does the job.
    I agree with that, I would prefer not to have more things clutter the screen. Just the board and move list is plenty enough already.

If there is a need or desire to present myself to my opponent I will use the in game messaging to convey my thoughts.
  8. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    19 Jan '07 13:24
    It's a nice idea but some would expoit it to post adverts for their businesses free of charge. It would be like an intruder in the chess club handing out junk mail. We pay the subscription to get away from that.
  9. Subscribergregaj
    Grega Jesih
    Koper
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 22:31
    People, it's a community idea. What this site is. Maybe we need just an additional flag of self characterisation .. "prefers playing chattable people" - like you all are in this post :-).

Okay, "BUSTED"...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree