1. Wat?
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 11:24
    When I want to archive, I have to open the game to check what colour I have played as. The results page should display what colour I played as, or that my opposition played as. That would make archiving into folders much quicker and easier.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 11:35
    Originally posted by mikelom
    When I want to archive, I have to open the game to check what colour I have played as. The results page should display what colour I played as, or that my opposition played as. That would make archiving into folders much quicker and easier.
    or in the my games page have a little symbol beside the game signifying whether you're playing as black or white... i wouldn't mind that.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 12:11
    Originally posted by trev33
    or in the my games page have a little symbol beside the game signifying whether you're playing as black or white... i wouldn't mind that.
    The black and white symbol next to the game I too would like to have.
  4. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 12:12
    Click on the little "info" link (2 columns left of the archieve-button column), it will give you a small pop-up window with all the info you need.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 12:33
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    The black and white symbol next to the game I too would like to have.
    I will try to squeeze this in. I'm about to upload some tweaks for ladders anyway, so a good time to do it.
  6. Wat?
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 13:58
    Originally posted by Russ
    I will try to squeeze this in. I'm about to upload some tweaks for ladders anyway, so a good time to do it.
    Can we go one further?

Under 'Actions' to archive.... well played white, well played black, can we have 'I played bad a white, I played bad as black?'..... the ones we want to learn from?

As well as what colour we played as...... i.e. I won, played white. I lost, played white, I played good as black......... etc etc..... not too much........ just the info to put into correct accessible folders..... ?😲

Do this and, Russ, I will re-sub!!

Mike. 😉
  7. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 14:33
    Can we go one further?

Under 'Actions' to archive.... well played white, well played black, can we have 'I played bad a white, I played bad as black?'..... the ones we want to learn from?

As well as what colour we played as...... i.e. I won, played white. I lost, played white, I played good as black......... etc etc..... not too much........ just the i ...[text shortened]... t into correct accessible folders..... ?😲

Do this and, Russ, I will re-sub!!

Mike. 😉
    You can create those folders yourself.
  8. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 14:39
    Originally posted by Russ
    Arent you afraid you are making the My Games page even more wide? There are people who dislike this, and I agree with them.

Besides that this addition would be pretty useless. The most time you spend on a game is playing it, then it doesnt matter what colour you play (you usually select the games you want to make a move in by checking the available time. I dont think there are alot of people who think "Ah, lets only make moves in games where im white today."😉.
    The time you spend on archieving a game is freeking 0,0001 nanoseconds. Now if you want to archieve by colour you have to click the "info" link real quick and archieving will take you a freeking 0,001 nanoseconds. Which is still not that much time...

Scrolling your window to the left and right all the time does take more time, and besides that its very annoying.
  9. Wat?
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 14:401 edit
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    You can create those folders yourself.
    Yes, can, agreed. As a standard I was suggesting white played, black played. There isn't an indication of colour played after a game is finished....... is there???

If I am wrong, I STAND COMPLETELY corrected. But I see nothing, when I want to archive, as for colour played. 2 std folders as an addition to well played, vs badly played, is not a bad idea, is it???

I don't want to just ARCHIVE, wasting time creating folders of openings, defences, yes I can do. Think about majority here please...... not just those who want to develop seriously....... 🙂 This is a site for encouragement..... not just - 'GO WITH THE FLOW.'
  10. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 14:45
    Yes, can, agreed. As a standard I was suggesting white played, black played. There isn't an indication of colour played after a game is finished....... is there???

If I am wrong, I STAND COMPLETELY corrected. But I see nothing, when I want to archive, as for colour played. 2 std folders as an addition to well played, vs badly played, is not a bad idea, is it???
    It is a bad idea. Its completely useless to people who dont care and just want everything in thier archieve folder (which is probably the majority of this site).

People who do care can create the folders themselves. You are not to lazy to create the folder yourself that you want Russ to create it right?

As for the colour indication; No, there is none. But you can click the "info" link and read it there. It will take you about 0,0009 nanoseconds extra time.
    (these times are no guesses, they are absolute facts!:p)
  11. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 14:51
    I don't want to just ARCHIVE, wasting time creating folders of openings, defences, yes I can do. Think about majority here please...... not just those who want to develop seriously....... 🙂 This is a site for encouragement..... not just - 'GO WITH THE FLOW.'
    I dont understand your problem. You are not only allowed to create folders with the names of openings or defences. You are allowed to create folders with any name you want. So what you do is go to "My Games", click "Manage folders", under "New Folder" at "Folder name" type: "Hi im mikelom and i played this game as black", hit the "Create" button and there you go!?
  12. Wat?
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 14:55
    It is a bad idea. Its completely useless to people who dont care and just want everything in thier archieve folder (which is probably the majority of this site).

People who do care can create the folders themselves. You are not to lazy to create the folder yourself that you want Russ to create it right?

As for the colour indication; No, there is none. ...[text shortened]... about 0,0009 nanoseconds extra time.
    (these times are no guesses, they are absolute facts!:p)
    ok.. you have the fastest internet connection in the world, and you believe all you see on google too.

Please, bear in mind, some of us have slow connection some of the time... click and click is slow slow slow.

Standards of upgrade are opportunities, not always negative, as you seem to perceive!

I hope you are not a manager of your own business... 😲
  13. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 15:05
    ok.. you have the fastest internet connection in the world, and you believe all you see on google too.

Please, bear in mind, some of us have slow connection some of the time... click and click is slow slow slow.

Standards of upgrade are opportunities, not always negative, as you seem to perceive!

I hope you are not a manager of your own business... 😲
    The times i picked were totaly random lol.

If you have such a slow connection its actually an argument against you. Let me explain why;
    What you want is a white or black dot symbol on the My Games page next to the game. If you are playing chess you will have to load this symbol all the time.
    When you have to click the "info" link its only once, when you archieving a game.
    Now let me ask you, do you spend more time archieving games or going to the My Games page to play games?
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 15:092 edits
    The times i picked were totaly random lol.

If you have such a slow connection its actually an argument against you. Let me explain why;
    What you want is a white or black dot symbol on the My Games page next to the game. If you are playing chess you will have to load this symbol all the time.
    When you have to click the "info" link its only once, when yo ...[text shortened]... ask you, do you spend more time archieving games or going to the My Games page to play games?
    A small dot is only loaded once. Then it resides in the cache as long it is needed. What are we talking about here? A dot of this size 186 bytes? Once? Nothing much, is it?

A tip for anyone with a sloo...zzzzzzz...oow connection:
    Use mobile.redhotpawn.com with a minimum of pics and unneccessary gadgets.
    I use it on my cellphone, and it works like a charm! Works on a desctop PC too.
  15. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 15:36
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    A small dot is only loaded once. Then it resides in the cache as long it is needed. What are we talking about here? A dot of this size 186 bytes? Once? Nothing much, is it?

A tip for anyone with a sloo...zzzzzzz...oow connection:
    Use mobile.redhotpawn.com with a minimum of pics and unneccessary gadgets.
    I use it on my cellphone, and it works like a charm! Works on a desctop PC too.
    Ok, I figured it probably worked like that, but didnt know. Anyway, loading the info link cant possibly take that much time either.
    The main reason why i dislike this extra dot idea is that it would make the screen even more wide then it already is.

"sloo...zzzzzzz...oow" Thats not a word!😠

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree