Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 28 Aug '10 16:04
    How about playing a beep or something when in "wait for any game" and a move is available?
  2. Standard member Mctayto
    Highlander
    28 Aug '10 17:14
    Originally posted by n1gel
    How about playing a beep or something when in "wait for any game" and a move is available?
    take it to site ideas albeit I would prefer you didn't
  3. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    29 Aug '10 00:25
    I think it's a great idea, provided that it's an option which can be turned off. Means you can do other work while waiting, without having to keep checking back.

    I hope this thread can be moved to Site Ideas.
  4. 29 Aug '10 01:02
    i speck for the vast majority of rhp users when i say

    NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  5. 29 Aug '10 08:22
    Originally posted by trev33
    i speck for the vast majority of rhp users when i say

    NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    I say yes, if it is an option.
  6. 29 Aug '10 11:33
    I meant to suggest it as an option, of course...

    Handy when bimbling about the house etc

    C'mon RHP development, how about it then...
  7. 31 Aug '10 00:53
    Zenic will think a fire alarm has gone off.

    He has 778 games on the go. Imagine what it would be like
    in his house when the moves started coming in.

    Better still can we have the moves spoken to us in a sexy female voice.

    "Your opponent has just played 23. Bxh7 check."

    You can get the software for that Russ at a knockdown price.
    Go to some organisation and tell you are running a chess site
    for 18,000 chess players with very poor eye sight.

    (Show them some of VR's posts and his spelling mistakes - they will believe you)
  8. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    31 Aug '10 02:33
    On chess.com I have an option set (note, it's an option) to make a small popping noise when there is a move waiting. So I can play happily on RHP - or even do some work - until the pop alerts me to switch back to the other tab. It has a practical benefit, it avoids me constantly refreshing the page over and over when I'm feeling fidgety!
  9. 31 Aug '10 04:43
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Better still can we have the moves spoken to us in a sexy female voice.
    "Your opponent has just played 23. Bxh7 check."
    No, a dry male voice, resembling your headmaster in school, comes for free.
    The sexy female voice is only for subscribers.
    For our lady friends, a male sexy voice is optional.
  10. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    31 Aug '10 12:00
    Standard computer voice"You've Got.. chess"
  11. Subscriber divegeester
    Naughtius Maximus
    31 Aug '10 20:35
    I think a version of the MS help paper-clip which pops up freezing all your other sessions and taps on the screen until you move would prevent all the people who annoyingly play to long time settings having an unfair advantage.
  12. Subscriber ouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    12 Sep '10 15:51
    Originally posted by n1gel
    How about playing a beep or something when in "wait for any game" and a move is available?
    If you use Firefox, I created an add-on that would play a sound when you had new moves. It checks every 5 minutes by default. It's a little bit neglected since I haven't had any time to work on it. You can find it at:

    http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/
  13. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    14 Sep '10 09:30
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    If you use Firefox, I created an add-on that would play a sound when you had new moves. It checks every 5 minutes by default. It's a little bit neglected since I haven't had any time to work on it. You can find it at:

    http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/
    Happy to see that, and now that I have Firefox I can use it. Many thanks for your efforts. It doesn't need any work, it works fine!