1. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Oct '08 11:50
    There is one siege game (orange board 14/14) in which one player hasn't moved for 87 days.
    Maybe there is a gentlemen's agreement between the players about not timing out. But then should this be above the wish of other participants to play?
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    21 Oct '08 12:361 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    There is one siege game (orange board 14/14) in which one player hasn't moved for 87 days.
    Maybe there is a gentlemen's agreement between the players about not timing out. But then should this be above the wish of other participants to play?
    I agree. I think there should be automatic timeouts in ALL clan games. Sieges, league games.
    7 days max after the game has timed out. That's more than enough grace period for anyone who has already agreed to compete with a team against other teams.
    This is a correspondence chess site. If you've agreed to be on any team in a competition, You've agreed to correspond your moves within certain time limits. There is no reason in my eyes that all team members involved should have to wait on two people. One to decide if their going to move or not, and one to claim a timeout or not.
    There is nothing gentlemen about it to the rest involved.
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    22 Oct '08 19:38
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I quite agree.

Maybe you could visit the players Myspace account and ask him to come back and move or resign the game.

You could also ask Red Night if he knows where his fellow clan mate has gone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree