1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 08:242 edits
    I really don't like the avatar in the message log.

If you deliberately click to see the message log, I don't think that you'll miss any messages and it just makes it harder to see the whole conversation, especially if it's a long one.

Is it possible to keep the avatar in the main board (so that people don't miss messages when playing, like Russ explained) but remove them from the all-new message log?

I just don't see the benefit of having it...

Edit - Also, I think that the order should be reversed. Older messages top and newer bottom. To facilitate viewing the most recent ones, maybe the message log could start already scrolled down to the bottom (newest messages).

Edit 2 - This is just a suggestion on a very minor point. I love this site, so don't take it as criticism...
  2. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 09:21
    Originally posted by Palynka

If you deliberately click to see the message log, I don't think that you'll miss any messages and it just makes it harder to see the whole conversation, especially if it's a long one.

Is it possible to keep the avatar in the main board (so that people don't miss messages when playing, like Russ explain ...[text shortened]... st a suggestion on a very minor point. I love this site, so don't take it as criticism...
    I dont see your point as critisism, its called feedback, its what this site is built on.

If Russ/ Chris has a forum called Site Ideas, which are points that may or may not be taken on board then they also have to expect feedback/ critisism too. We are the paying public of this site so the should listen to people and points that you have raised.

I dont like the new message log, I guess it wasn't really needed in my eyes, but then my view is my own and its not going to be changed because of one opinion.

The text is too big, and the message log link that appears to the right isnt needed either. Players have been missing the messages because they used to be in a small window at the top of the page therefore, I think the avatar is a great idea.

I asked Russ if this could be put to a vote but didnt get a reponse, I guess its here to stay then.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 10:05
    Originally posted by rmacken
    I dont see your point as critisism, its called feedback, its what this site is built on.

If Russ/ Chris has a forum called Site Ideas, which are points that may or may not be taken on board then they also have to expect feedback/ critisism too. We are the paying public of this site so the should listen to people and points that you have raised.

I dont ...[text shortened]... ked Russ if this could be put to a vote but didnt get a reponse, I guess its here to stay then.
    I like the avatar on the main message box and the text size doesn't bother me then. I'm one of the people that sometimes didn't see there was a message there.

The log, however, is different because since you need to actively click it to see, there's no need for large text , nor avatars or such a large name bar on each message. At least, I don't see any.
  4. The sky
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 12:03
    I like the avatar on the main message box and the text size doesn't bother me then. I'm one of the people that sometimes didn't see there was a message there.

The log, however, is different because since you need to actively click it to see, there's no need for large text , nor avatars or such a large name bar on each message. At least, I don't see any.
    Well, I like neither the avatar and bigger text in the main message box (more scrolling) nor the new message log, but I find the latter more annoying than the former. In addition to your points, I also find the popup window far too small. Maybe it could be adjustable, or we could get to choose whether to open the log in a popup window or a new tab/window like before? Longer ingame discussions are difficult to read or get an overview over now.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 14:12
    ..no one ever talks to me...i never get messages..i have no idea what you are all talking about ( sniff )..i have to go down to the market, buy something and go back in the afternoon to return the item in order to get anyone to be around...i think the grocery manager is catching on ...4 milk
    returns in a week is a little suspiciious ... could they all have been sour ?..
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 17:56
    me to

the writings to big as well
  7. Standard memberMrJohn
    A Chess Friend :-)
    Texas :-)
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 00:26
    Is it possible to keep the avatar in the main board (so that people don't miss messages when playing, like Russ explained) but remove them from the all-new message log?

Also, I think that the order should be reversed. Older messages top and newer bottom.
    Good sugestions both! :-)

PS. And, I *love* the larger text for the messages. :-)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree