This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Dec '15 08:40
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Excellent suggestion. Suggest you create a Site Ideas thread with the reasoning and example you've given here.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Dec '15 15:38
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    i think that would be a nice idea - however im not sure if a player's relatives would be fully supportive of this?
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    30 Dec '15 18:12

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Jan '16 14:21
    Perhaps a new RHP area could be set up to memorialize deceased members. (With permission of their heirs,of course.) It might include eulogies by other players and few samples of their best games &/or forum posts.
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    07 Jan '16 14:41
    How can you determine when a member has died?

Sure, sometimes a friend or family member may log onto their rhp account and post an announcement, but how many do not. None of my family ever pay much attention to my rhp activities and probably would not bother to do anything if I were to die. So my games would time out and that would be it.

I have played regularly against some other members here who became fairly good friends, and now I have not seen them around for ages. Did they get tired of the site and just move on, or did they die? No way of knowing. Even with those who I chatted with quite often who kind of started dropping out for long periods of time, came back for a few games, then wandered off again. I'm sure not going to say they died, but they might have.

So, it's something to think about.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Jan '16 16:44
    Good point. So far it has been hit or miss. The impetus would have to come from the RHP member himself, namely to leave a paper trail which his executor can follow to get him logged off all the web sites and forums to which he contributed. This is standard procedure for terminating bank accounts, insurance policies, rent contracts, and so on. In this cyber-world we live in, the concept needs to be expanded to include terminating the virtual life, as well as the legal life, of the individual.

A man's not dead when his brain stops working -- he's dead when the lawyers are done with him.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jan '16 10:02
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Good point. So far it has been hit or miss. The impetus would have to come from the RHP member himself, namely to leave a paper trail which his executor can follow to get him logged off all the web sites and forums to which he contributed. This is standard procedure for terminating bank accounts, insurance policies, rent contracts, and so on. In this cyber-w ...[text shortened]...
    A man's not dead when his brain stops working -- he's dead when the lawyers are done with him.
    Insightful.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree