Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    17 Sep '12 13:23
    As suggested in thread below, a campaign to award a tourney correctly..MANY members have sent feedback but nothing has changed for SIX months:
    Thread 148120

    Here are a couple of threads indicating how tourney's can be 'forgotten' when someone is mistakenly banned ( then promptly reinstated, read on )...and should be awarded correctly, with comments from Russ:
    Thread 145813

    From the chap that incorrectly 'won' this tourney, COMPLAINING, why had he done so..
    Thread 145858


    Here is the 'offending' tourney, incorrect winner:
    Tournament 11685
  2. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    18 Sep '12 03:57
    We don't seem to be communicating. Maybe it's time to start demanding a subscribers' voting page, where we can raise things that admin isn't attending to and hopefully get something done.
  3. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    20 Sep '12 20:16
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    We don't seem to be communicating. Maybe it's time to start demanding a subscribers' voting page, where we can raise things that admin isn't attending to and hopefully get something done.
    Do you mean a public 'Complaints' thread ? ...
    If the 'send feedback' route didn't seem so clouded in mystery, there wouldn't be a need for complaints...but what other course of action is there lol...
  4. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    20 Sep '12 22:15
    I guess we could do our public complaining in the general forum, and maybe post in all uppercase bold or something, so the trolls get the point and stay away ... yeah, right.
  5. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    27 Sep '12 14:55
    I would rather suggest that we have a complaint thread for which Russ solemnly swears that he will post at least (I have noticed).

    People posting crap there should be dealts withby forum ban or something.

    Russ, if you read this, please give us a hint, why the tournament hasn't been reassigned yet.

    Thank you
  6. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    05 Oct '12 13:56
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I would rather suggest that we have a complaint thread for which Russ solemnly swears that he will post at least (I have noticed).

    People posting crap there should be dealts withby forum ban or something.

    Russ, if you read this, please give us a hint, why the tournament hasn't been reassigned yet.

    Thank you
    I'm going to bump this one as we're not letting this one just fade away ( apologies, to other members, for once again HAVING to harp on here ) ! An excellent post IMHO !


    ''I would rather suggest that we have a complaint thread for which Russ solemnly swears that he will post at least (I have noticed).

    People posting crap there should be dealt with by forum ban or something.
    .

    Russ, if you read this, please give us a hint, why the tournament hasn't been reassigned yet.

    Thank you''



    There must be LOADS of feedback sent about this site banning error....WHY the silence....please let us know why it's still not hitting someone's radar over at admin'... the error was March of this year, and the clock ticks on ????
  7. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    06 Oct '12 13:48
    My, what commendable devotion...6 months and still fighting for justice.

    While you all are at it...can you get Russ to give me this one?

    Tournament 4302
  8. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    07 Oct '12 14:43
    The situation in your tourney was that the winner was banned for engine use after the tournament was finalised. Happens quite often in toprated tourneys here, and Russ has never shown any inclination to do anything about it.

    The situation for beatlemania is quite different. He was banned by mistake through no fault of his own, and when informed Russ moved promptly to reverse the mistake. The job just didn't get done properly at the time. So our campaign is simply to get the last bit of the reversal done. Naturally, being a one-off administrative error, no precedent is being set here.
  9. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    08 Oct '12 17:04
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    The situation in your tourney was that the winner was banned for engine use after the tournament was finalised. Happens quite often in toprated tourneys here, and Russ has never shown any inclination to do anything about it.

    The situation for beatlemania is quite different. He was banned by mistake through no fault of his own, and when informed Russ move ...[text shortened]... eversal done. Naturally, being a one-off administrative error, no precedent is being set here.
    I disagree. Russ did do something about it. He crossed out the guy's name in the crosstable, and gave him a score of 0. He also green-highlighted my score, since I had the most points with the cheat removed.

    But he left the bit where the cheat is listed as the tourney winner, and he didn't adjust profiles to show the true winner of the tournament and deprive the cheat of credit in his profile.

    So, we share the same need. The last bit of reversal should be done.
  10. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    08 Oct '12 21:00
    If it's really too difficult programming-wise, why doesn't Russ just say so, instead of allowing all this discontent in the ranks?
  11. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    10 Oct '12 01:14
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I disagree. Russ did do something about it. He crossed out the guy's name in the crosstable, and gave him a score of 0. He also green-highlighted my score, since I had the most points with the cheat removed.

    But he left the bit where the cheat is listed as the tourney winner, and he didn't adjust profiles to show the true winner of the tournam ...[text shortened]... credit in his profile.

    So, we share the same need. The last bit of reversal should be done.
    Well, you're quite right in that both 'issues' deserve the rightful winner to have more than a mere green highlighting under their name and their score, when you take the trouble to look directly at that tourney...most certainly it's well worth petitioning, and for ALL rightful tourney winners !
    Like 'Kewpie,' I feel this may well be the precedent required to right many wrongs as the site appears to be just happy to wash their hands with any tourney once a ban takes place.

    However, and the true crux here, is that the Beatlemania issue is a TOTAL site error..no other players involved, no actual 'cheating' involved. The ban was all about a spammer and the site thought Beatle was 'colluding' with that spammer..he merely sent a message back to the said spammer and the site automatically tracked and banned ALL correspondences. He was banned for a few hours and in that time he was struck from however many tourney's, his flag was thrown out by Russ after a few hours but lost many games on time alone between both his ban and reinstatement.

    So, if I'm incorrect in any way Russ, could you not indicate 'something'...I know full well that DOZENS of feedback has been sent on this one issue, many supported messages along the way....loads of threads and 'sub' threads linked to this.
    I can't find anything this guy has done incorrectly ( he's far too modest to complain himself ), and when the actual ( erroneous ) tourney winner complains for Beatlemania also, then it requires attention.. because this is just all plain WRONG and it won't just go away !!
  12. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    11 Oct '12 21:56
    PLEASE, Russ?