Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    14 Oct '08 17:25 / 1 edit
    Currently, you can only transfer your RHP messages to email if you delete them from the RHP server. In the event of a problem with your email server, or forgetting to check the "email selected messages" checkbox, the messages could easily be lost.

    How about an option to transfer them without deletion?
  2. 14 Oct '08 19:46
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Currently, you can only transfer your RHP messages to email if you delete them from the RHP server. In the event of a problem with your email server, or forgetting to check the "email selected messages" checkbox, the messages could easily be lost.

    How about an option to transfer them without deletion?
    Are the RHP messages really that important?
  3. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    14 Oct '08 22:09
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Are the RHP messages really that important?
    Well, that's kinda the point of having a backup feature in the first place.
  4. 14 Oct '08 22:59
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Currently, you can only transfer your RHP messages to email if you delete them from the RHP server. In the event of a problem with your email server, or forgetting to check the "email selected messages" checkbox, the messages could easily be lost.

    How about an option to transfer them without deletion?
    That would be nice. I would also like to have an option to have them automatically sent to you before they are automatically deleted.
  5. 16 Oct '08 10:13
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Well, that's kinda the point of having a backup feature in the first place.
    Just because there is a backup facility doesn't mean they are important.
  6. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    16 Oct '08 17:25 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Just because there is a backup facility doesn't mean they are important.
    They're important if the recipient deems them so, and the obvious reason [except to an IVV dullard] for having message backup is to save important messages from being deleted.