Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. Standard member peacedog
    Highlander
    11 Apr '09 02:57
    As a nonsubsriber at the moment I’m a bit put of by the adds displayed on banners on this site. The one that I really have problems with is the “your our 1,000,000 visitor” thing with the annoying MS-esque noise. It links to French Connection and promises a free £250 voucher. They need a email that I’m not willing to give so has anyone tried it? Please note that I accept that as a non-payer, I must be subjected to adverts. But why the dishonest kind? That sort of thing just puts of future subscribers.
  2. 11 Apr '09 11:03
    How come the non-subs are being offered a £250 voucher.

It's not fair.
  3. Standard member peacedog
    Highlander
    11 Apr '09 15:49
    Have solace in the thought that £250 would barely get you a pair of Y-fronts at that place.

But then again, they could come in handy. I’m short of a pair of shorts, as I keep getting caught………short! BABA-BUSH
  4. 11 Apr '09 16:17
    Originally posted by peacedog
    As a nonsubsriber at the moment I’m a bit put of by the adds displayed on banners on this site. The one that I really have problems with is the “your our 1,000,000 visitor” thing with the annoying MS-esque noise. It links to French Connection and promises a free £250 voucher. They need a email that I’m not willing to give so has anyone tried it? Please not ...[text shortened]... cted to adverts. But why the dishonest kind? That sort of thing just puts of future subscribers.
    Hey what's going on?????
    I was visitor number 1,000,000 last week........I smell a rat!
  5. 11 Apr '09 16:23
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Hey what's going on?????
    I was visitor number 1,000,000 last week........I smell a rat!
    No, it was me!
  6. 12 Apr '09 13:31
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    How come the non-subs are being offered a £250 voucher.

It's not fair.
    For all you poor subs: http://www.rewardscentre.co.uk/?config=2815&src=WC-136811aaa:134028:
  7. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    12 Apr '09 16:09
    Originally posted by peacedog
    It links to French Connection and promises a free £250 voucher. They need a email that I’m not willing to give so has anyone tried it?
    It's one of those reward schemes where you have to sign up to a number of other site/services (ie: register with Lovefilm.com, apply for a creditcard, etc...) before you get your voucher.