1. Standard memberknightwest
    General of GROSS
    Calvin's Treehouse
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 12:33
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    The worst spammer on the site (by far) is STANG, and he's a subscriber. Your proposal is worthless; most other online chess forums are free, so charging people for access will only reduce participation.
    STANG is annoying and has in the past been banned. I am sure he will be banned again.

Maybe the subs (HAHA) should have a vote on who should get a ban. I propose Bowmann and Vivaldi, although the latter has been suspiciously quiet for a while.

Maybe people should only be allowed on the forums after they've completed a certain number of games, to prove they're not here just to post drivel on the forums.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 18:30
    Originally posted by knightwest
    Maybe people should only be allowed on the forums after they've completed a certain number of games, to prove they're not here just to post drivel on the forums.
    None of the high-movers ever post drivel. 🙄
  3. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 19:03
    Actually, I don't consider Bowmann to be a spammer really. He does have some humerous additions to make. One criteria that I am tend to consider spamming on forums is making new threads. I don't think he has started a new thread, only contributed to existing ones.
  4. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 23:081 edit
    Originally posted by Aiko
    I don't think he has started a new thread, only contributed to existing ones.
    I've created 18 in the last few weeks:

Chess Lesson #1
    Chess Lesson #2
    Chess Lesson #3
    Chess Lesson #4
    Chess Lesson #5
    Chess Lesson #6
    Chess Lesson #7
    Chess Lesson #8
    Chess Lesson #9
    Chess Lesson #10
    Chess Lesson #11
    Chess Lesson #12
    Chess Lesson #13
    Chess Lesson #14
    Chess Lesson #15
    Chess Lesson #16
    Chess Lesson #17
    and
    Chess Lesson #18

And notice how many of these are not entitled Have You Ever Lay Back And Urinated On Yourself? or anything similar.
  5. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 23:40
    Well, lessons are good, spamming is bad.
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    19 Nov '05 03:15
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Actually, I don't consider Bowmann to be a spammer really. He does have some humerous additions to make. One criteria that I am tend to consider spamming on forums is making new threads. I don't think he has started a new thread, only contributed to existing ones.
    Bowmann doesn't spam, he trolls. Often, however, he makes some good points. His chess lessons are well chosen problems, and generally have been well-received.
  7. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    19 Nov '05 15:04
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Bowmann doesn't spam, he trolls.
    Yes, I wander around this zoo at my leisure. And, unlike you, I DON'T send PMs telling others what I think of them.
  8. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    19 Nov '05 18:28
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    Yes, I wander around this zoo at my leisure. And, unlike you, I DON'T send PMs telling others what I think of them.
    Another false accusation and personal attack.

Are you referring to the PM yesterday, which you invited in a thread on other chess sites, to which you replied with an absurd declaration? Or are you referring to one two months ago when I inquired about one of your unprovoked personal attacks on me?

Grow up little man.
  9. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    19 Nov '05 23:09
    Are you referring to the PM yesterday, which you invited in a thread on other chess sites, to which you replied with an absurd declaration? Or are you referring to one two months ago when I inquired about one of your unprovoked personal attacks on me?
    How could I be referring to PMs I invite? I meant those you sent on 21st, 22nd and 28th October respectively, the last entitled "troll".

Personal attacks cannot be made in the forums.
  10. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 01:282 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 08:02
    [b]Chessworld.net do this. Hardly the best site, though.

does

If you have an insight into the best online playing site, please share.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wulebgr to Bowmann
    >Which sites do you consider superior to R ...[text shortened]... seful. Most of the time you seem to be a person of intelligence, but too often you are a cretin.[/b]
    Right on the button. Gets a rec.

skeeter
  12. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 20:59
    ...so I call you a troll.

When you asserted in a rather whimsical thread that I was ignorant of the rules of chess, I asked for clarification in the same thread. You offered none, but...
    Happy to be one, as I've already indicated.

I have arrived at the conclusion that you take life far too seriously. Your replies are becoming ever more frustrated and confused. And you simply cannot move on from the matter of the 'rules of chess clarification' thread, even though I've answered your questions and laid it to rest. Twice. (Although you've dug it up numerous times, Scooter doesn't seem to mind.)
  13. Standard memberSanta Drummer
    I AM INNOCENT
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 21:53
    Happy to be one, as I've already indicated.

I have arrived at the conclusion that you take life far too seriously. Your replies are becoming ever more frustrated and confused. And you simply cannot move on from the matter of the 'rules of chess clarification' thread, even though I've answered your questions and laid it to rest. Twice. (Although you've dug it up numerous times, Scooter doesn't seem to mind.)
    Go Bowmann!
  14. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 23:051 edit
    even though I've answered your questions and laid it to rest. Twice.
    Then, I've missed it twice. 🙄🙄

Others answered my questions; you haven't. You were wrong in your allegations and you're too cowardly to admit it.

BTW, the matter arose in the "favorite chess piece" thread. I like pawns because they become queens, remember?
  15. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 00:06
    Others answered my questions; you haven't. You were wrong in your allegations and you're too cowardly to admit it.

BTW, the matter arose in the "favorite chess piece" thread. I like pawns because they become queens, remember?
    I remember. But you don't. Unless you're too cowardly to admit that I was right.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree