Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. 12 Jan '05 13:18
    maybe we could have a vote for best game of the year or/and best combination of the year where people can submit one of their games and then let the community decide what game/combination is the best. And the winner will have this mentioned in his profile like with tourneys.
  2. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    12 Jan '05 14:57
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
    maybe we could have a vote for best game of the year or/and best combination of the year where people can submit one of their games and then let the community decide what game/combination is the best. And the winner will have this mentioned in his profile like with tourneys.
    This is a good enough idea to just run as a thread in the chess forums... perhaps once the info gets long enough, Russ could make a poll?!

Good idea.

P
  3. 12 Jan '05 16:23
    Here's my nomination:

Game 540416

My first match with ex-RHP member James Woodley (last rated close to 1800 at his time of exile).
  4. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    12 Jan '05 16:51
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Here's my nomination:

Game 540416

My first match with ex-RHP member James Woodley (last rated close to 1800 at his time of exile).
    LOL!

Got my vote... was it from THIS YEAR?

P
  5. 12 Jan '05 17:06
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    LOL!

Got my vote... was it from THIS YEAR?

P
    It was in June.
  6. 13 Jan '05 11:47 / 3 edits
    Here's my nomination:

Game 540416

nice game

I'll make a tread in the chess forum then
  7. Standard member flexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    13 Jan '05 12:09 / 1 edit
    very nice idea!
    we need a shortlist that russ can stick in a vote forum .. how will we make a shortlist without it being overrun by the rec-sluts?
  8. 13 Jan '05 13:06
    Originally posted by flexmore
    very nice idea!
    we need a shortlist that russ can stick in a vote forum .. how will we make a shortlist without it being overrun by the rec-sluts?
    flexy baby, that hurts...

alas, you need not worry. that's the only game in my entire archives worth mentioning.
  9. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    13 Jan '05 14:25
    It would be cool if we could use the new "vote" feature for this.
    th
  10. Standard member Gatecrasher
    Whale watching
    13 Jan '05 14:47
    Here's my nomination:

Game 540416

Definitely a forerunner in the short game category...

Don't let No1 see it, though: He'll be shoving it down Arrakis's throat with an "I told you so.".

This is one of my favourites, a rook sac, and the knights wade in: Game 508169
  11. 13 Jan '05 14:57
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher

Don't let No1 see it, though: He'll be shoving it down Arrakis's throat with an "I told you so.".

That's very nice... Hook, line and sinker...
  12. Donation richjohnson
    TANSTAAFL
    13 Jan '05 21:55
    My best so far this year is Game 789994.

I am usually too impatient to build up my pieces for an attack like that.
  13. 14 Jan '05 12:35 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher

Very good one!

Could you guy post your games again in the chess forum I have made a tread there