1. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    7902
    12 Jan '05 13:18
    maybe we could have a vote for best game of the year or/and best combination of the year where people can submit one of their games and then let the community decide what game/combination is the best. And the winner will have this mentioned in his profile like with tourneys.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    12 Jan '05 14:57
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
    maybe we could have a vote for best game of the year or/and best combination of the year where people can submit one of their games and then let the community decide what game/combination is the best. And the winner will have this mentioned in his profile like with tourneys.
    This is a good enough idea to just run as a thread in the chess forums... perhaps once the info gets long enough, Russ could make a poll?!

    Good idea.

    P
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    12 Jan '05 16:23
    Here's my nomination:

    Game 540416

    My first match with ex-RHP member James Woodley (last rated close to 1800 at his time of exile).
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    12 Jan '05 16:51
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Here's my nomination:

    Game 540416

    My first match with ex-RHP member James Woodley (last rated close to 1800 at his time of exile).
    LOL!

    Got my vote... was it from THIS YEAR?

    P
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    12 Jan '05 17:06
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    LOL!

    Got my vote... was it from THIS YEAR?

    P
    It was in June.
  6. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    7902
    13 Jan '05 11:473 edits
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Here's my nomination:

    Game 540416

    My first match with ex-RHP member James Woodley (last rated close to 1800 at his time of exile).




    nice game ๐Ÿ˜€

    I'll make a tread in the chess forum then
  7. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Joined
    18 Aug '03
    Moves
    54533
    13 Jan '05 12:091 edit
    very nice idea!
    we need a shortlist that russ can stick in a vote forum .. how will we make a shortlist without it being overrun by the rec-sluts?
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    13 Jan '05 13:06
    Originally posted by flexmore
    very nice idea!
    we need a shortlist that russ can stick in a vote forum .. how will we make a shortlist without it being overrun by the rec-sluts?
    ๐Ÿ˜ณ flexy baby, that hurts...

    alas, you need not worry. that's the only game in my entire archives worth mentioning. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  9. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Joined
    06 Jan '03
    Moves
    15730
    13 Jan '05 14:25
    It would be cool if we could use the new "vote" feature for this.
    th
  10. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33ยฐ36'S 26ยฐ53'E
    Joined
    05 Feb '04
    Moves
    41150
    13 Jan '05 14:47
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Here's my nomination:

    Game 540416

    My first match with ex-RHP member James Woodley (last rated close to 1800 at his time of exile).
    Definitely a forerunner in the short game category...

    Don't let No1 see it, though: He'll be shoving it down Arrakis's throat with an "I told you so.".

    This is one of my favourites, a rook sac, and the knights wade in: Game 508169
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    13 Jan '05 14:57
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    Definitely a forerunner in the short game category...

    Don't let No1 see it, though: He'll be shoving it down Arrakis's throat with an "I told you so.".

    This is one of my favourites, a rook sac, and the knights wade in: Game 508169
    That's very nice... Hook, line and sinker...
  12. Donationrichjohnson
    TANSTAAFL
    Walking on sunshine
    Joined
    28 Jun '01
    Moves
    63101
    13 Jan '05 21:55
    My best so far this year is Game 789994.

    I am usually too impatient to build up my pieces for an attack like that.
  13. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    7902
    14 Jan '05 12:351 edit
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    Definitely a forerunner in the short game category...

    Don't let No1 see it, though: He'll be shoving it down Arrakis's throat with an "I told you so.".

    This is one of my favourites, a rook sac, and the knights wade in: Game 508169
    Very good one!

    Could you guy post your games again in the chess forum I have made a tread there๐Ÿ™‚
Back to Top