1. The Hague
    Moves
    06 Jan '09 20:061 edit
    I played following Blitz game:

at which point I wanted to take en-passant, which seems to be winning for white. The blitz feature didn't let me take en-passant, even though I tried several times. Is this a known bug? I've never seen it before. Maybe it was a one-time event.
  2. ALG
    Moves
    06 Jan '09 20:07
    Originally posted by davaniel
    Can you please explain that? ' ' is somewhat unclear
  3. The Hague
    Moves
    06 Jan '09 20:09
    Originally posted by Thomaster
    Can you please explain that? ' ' is somewhat unclear
    Very quick. I accidentally hit 'enter' instead of, maybe, 'tab' after writing the thread title.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Jan '09 20:18
    Very quick. I accidentally hit 'enter' instead of, maybe, 'tab' after writing the thread title.
    Use feedback (Bug Report) and give them a link to this thread. There may be a bug that won't let you capture when you are in check?

P-
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jan '09 20:34
    That is a strange one because I have used the en-passant in a similiar situation to get out of check before.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Jan '09 20:36
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    That is a strange one because I have used the en-passant in a similiar situation to get out of check before.
    Check was just a guess, and who knows what kind of code changes the admins may have made.

P-
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jan '09 20:381 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Check was just a guess, and who knows what kind of code changes the admins may have made.

P-
    Right you are, and I believe mine was way back before the big crash.

Something that I haven't seen happen much in games, that is the only one I can remember and I am nearing 5,000 game mark.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Jan '09 21:59
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Right you are, and I believe mine was way back before the big crash.

Something that I haven't seen happen much in games, that is the only one I can remember and I am nearing 5,000 game mark.
    Not sure if you caught it, but this user is asking about the blitz feature, not the regular games here at RHP.

P-
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jan '09 23:211 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Not sure if you caught it, but this user is asking about the blitz feature, not the regular games here at RHP.

P-
    Yes, it is typed in over the top of the board, and I had my reading glass's on at the time. 😉

I use to play lots of blitz at (uchess), some would say with my game load I still do. They probably would be right too!
    Would be ok now to call 'no one" 'No One non sub-scum'? 😉

I was just making the point that in close to 5,000 games on here, I hadn't come across that particular situation. But then my chess sucks anyways, but I have fun with it. 🙂
  10. Standard memberLocutusofBorg
    Resistance is futile
    The Cube
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 01:21
    Some months ago, while playing Blitz, my opponent ran into the same -en passant- problem. I reported exactly the same bug.
  11. ALG
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 16:122 edits
    I had that problem too Thread 105886
    Later I saw it is possible to take en passent when you're not in check.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree