1. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 09:40
    Personally, I find this site the best as a correspondence chess site on the Web w/ many great features.

However, the Blitz is lacking in my opinion. Terribly so! It reminds me so much of uchess.com (which sucks btw 🙁 )

Its a very crappy format.Its nearly identical here as it is there w/ the exception of rankings and some other small differences.

IMO thats fine to offer a free blitz option like that for non subs along w/the 6 correspondence games and limited forum use.

But for subscribers I suggest a much more elaborate blitz option. Such as,

1.Boards and pieces like they have over at ICC.
    2.Separate rankings for blitz.
    3. Blitz tournaments.
    4. blitz clans or clubs the possibilities are endless.

With a real nice Blitz option for subscribers , RHP is sure to bring in many of the top ranking GM's ( like ICC does) and more notoriety for the site. Not to mention $ !!!! 🙂 ( Russ, hint,hint)

This is by far the best correspondence chess site I have been involved with.No one comes close. So I am saying, why stop there? Make it the best darn well rounded chess site out there.
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 16:31
    One very nice enhancement would be so easy - just show the rating of your opponent, along with the same profile background that you the clan leaders get when they check the info of players, once the game starts. The only thing is that when a player accepts an offer, you may have no idea how strong or weak the player might be compared to you. Wouldn't this be easy to show given all the blank space?
  3. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 21:171 edit
    Originally posted by coquette
    One very nice enhancement would be so easy - just show the rating of your opponent, along with the same profile background that you the clan leaders get when they check the info of players, once the game starts. The only thing is that when a player accepts an offer, you may have no idea how strong or weak the player might be compared to you. Wouldn't this be easy to show given all the blank space?
    One very nice enhancement would be so easy - just show the rating of your opponent, along with the same profile background that you the clan leaders get when they check the info of players, once the game starts.-coquette

The only thing w/that is correspondence chess and blitz chess are two entirely different things. A persons correspondence ranking has no bearing whatsoever on his ability to play blitz.
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 21:30
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    One very nice enhancement would be so easy - just show the rating of your opponent, along with the same profile background that you the clan leaders get when they check the info of players, once the game starts.-coquette

[b]The only thing w/that is correspondence chess and blitz chess are two entirely different things. A persons correspondence ranking has no bearing whatsoever on his ability to play blitz.
    [/b]
    I'm not disagreeing with you. Right now, a player accepts a game and you may have no idea at all about the player's playing strength.

Tracking blitz with a blitz rating would be an awesome attraction for RHP. They should do that now.
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 21:551 edit
    Originally posted by coquette
    I'm not disagreeing with you. Right now, a player accepts a game and you may have no idea at all about the player's playing strength.

Tracking blitz with a blitz rating would be an awesome attraction for RHP. They should do that now.
    Oh, sorry about that. I agree, that would be a awesome attraction for RHP.

What do you think about the board and pieces? You know, style and size?
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    22 Dec '10 05:54
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Oh, sorry about that. I agree, that would be a awesome attraction for RHP.

What do you think about the board and pieces? You know, style and size?
    i think that the style and size are fine, but for those who would like other options, they should have the choice. sure.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree