1. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 09:31
    How about we have a chess variant to go with normal chess I suggest this:

Rules for Chess (Lewis' Bumblesnap Variation (tm))

1 The board is set up in the usual way, with just one variation: the white and black kings (also known as Bumble Inquisitors of Graham, for obvious reasons), have exchanged places. They have therefore been 'held hostage' by the other side, and the object for both players is to release their own Bumble Inquisitor THROUGH ANY MEANS NECCESARY.

2 Play begins as normal, except for the first three turns, when the players move SIMULTANEOUSLY. This may cause a sitiuation known as 'Malebolge Inferior', when both players want to move a peice into the same square at the same time. This dispute is settled by MORTAL KOMBAT. The winner claims the disputed square.

3 All normal chess moves are allowed, except that the kings/Bumble Inquisitors cannot be moved directly. They can only be moved by flicking pawns (pawns are also known as 'Eejits'😉 at them. This is a move known as Jaded Displacement. How Jaded Displacement works:

a) A player announces he is going to attempt Jaded Displacement by saying 'Good Sir, for a packet of ciggarettes, unavowed, mine leige of the most high Graham may be moved, through Jaded Displacement of 1842 London, and the physical process of Eejits'

b) He selects an Eejit, (it must be the regulation size of 1/100 cubit). and places it on square A8.

c/d) The player flicks the Eejit with their right forefinger. If it hits the Bumble Inquisitor, and it moves, then that's just great. If not, the player must show their opponent all their cards.

e) Then they just roll the dice.

4 If a bishop (also known as an 'Aeonic Snap Marshall'😉 is captured, it is not removed from play. It joins the Bumble Inquisitor in hostage. To represent the enormous political influence of the Snap Marshalls, whenever a player loses one, he must draw FIVE (4) cards from the Eonic pile.

5 The game ends when both players agree it has run its course.

Who else thinks the odd game of this might liven up the site and give it unique edge over other chess sites. It could always be a sub only option.

Oh and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 09:49
    Why not starting a RedHotBumblesnap of your own?

For me - chess is chess. If not, it isn't chess.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 11:51
    Originally posted by Will Everitt
    How about we have a chess variant to go with normal chess I suggest this:

Rules for Chess (Lewis' Bumblesnap Variation (tm))

1 The board is set up in the usual way, with just one variation: the white and black kings (also known as Bumble Inquisitors of Graham, for obvious reasons), have exchanged places. They have therefore been 'held hostage' by ...[text shortened]... d always be a sub only option.

Oh and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
    LOL, sounds like a laugh - I don't think it'll catch on here though. 🙂
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 13:43
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    LOL, sounds like a laugh - I don't think it'll catch on here though. 🙂
    I think it would be better offline, but I am still to find an opponent who understands all the rules.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree