Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 01 Feb '10 17:25
    Is there a particular reason it is looked down upon
    by the mods
    ?
  2. 01 Feb '10 17:44
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    Is there a particular reason it is looked down upon [hidden]by the mods[/hidden]?
    The fact that they are old may provide the answer.

    I don't know why admin do not just lock all threads that have not been posted in for say 30 days and this would prevent the problem.
  3. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    01 Feb '10 17:50
    Originally posted by adramforall
    The fact that they are old may provide the answer.

    I don't know why admin do not just lock all threads that have not been posted in for say 30 days and this would prevent the problem.
    Some old threads can be revisited for the right reasons.

    P-
  4. Subscriber gregsflat
    William Penn's gaze
    02 Feb '10 02:27
    Yeah, I use one for clan recruitment, I bump it so I don't have to re-write all the wonderful ideas I had the first time, other folks added helpful suggestions like click on threads.
  5. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    02 Feb '10 05:46
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    Is there a particular reason it is looked down upon [hidden]by the mods[/hidden]?
    It's against the rules. Bumping old threads threatens the solitude and sanctity of RHP. You must have a very good reason to post a comment, for instance, some timely update, or maybe a new insight. You will see this constantly throughout the forums. Be respectful.
  6. Standard member Mctayto
    Highlander
    02 Feb '10 11:22
    Providing it is for the right reasons I can't see any reason not to bump an old thread.
  7. 02 Feb '10 14:16
    Originally posted by coquette
    It's against the rules.
    What rules? Where can I read these rules.
  8. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    02 Feb '10 14:44
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    What rules? Where can I read these rules.
    You can't write rules about it.

    PRO TIP:

    If you are bumping a heated and controversial thread for lulz or bumping it to cause confusion it will be closed by the mods.

    If you are bumping an old thread because new info came up and nothing controversial is going on it will PROBABLY stay unless you've got a record of bumping old threads.

    There is no way to type up all moderation decisions. I'm glad to answer questions and clear them up.

    P-
  9. 02 Feb '10 15:34
    who you gonna call?
  10. 02 Feb '10 15:41
    Originally posted by trev33
    who you gonna call?
    GHOST BUMPERS !!!!!!!
  11. 02 Feb '10 15:41
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    bumping it to cause confusion it will be closed by the mods.
    :'(
  12. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    02 Feb '10 16:56
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    :'(
    Want to cause confusion? Take someone's g2 pawn with a Bishop sacrifice when you're already behind in a chess game!~ There are no rules against THAT!~

    P-
  13. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    02 Feb '10 17:06
    Threads that go bump in the night
  14. 02 Feb '10 17:22
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    You can't write rules about it.

    PRO TIP:

    If you are bumping a heated and controversial thread for lulz or bumping it to cause confusion it will be closed by the mods.

    If you are bumping an old thread because new info came up and nothing controversial is going on it will PROBABLY stay [b]unless
    you've got a record of bumping old threads.

    T ...[text shortened]... y to type up all moderation decisions. I'm glad to answer questions and clear them up.

    P-[/b]
    Is 13 the minimum age expected of forum users or is that the audience age requirement?
  15. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    02 Feb '10 17:22
    Originally posted by coquette
    Threads that go bump in the night
    Are you threadening me?!~