1. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    31 May '05 14:11
    Am I right in thinking that the option to remind your opponent to move appears after a couple of days regardless of the timeout setting of a game?

I stopped moving for a couple of days and received quite a few move reminders, and I'm pretty sure many of them arrived before my 3-day timeout was over. (Peope are so damned impatient around here! Plus they all seem to think I have no life and MUST attend here on a daily basis).

I'm just thinking it would be more sensible if the code for the reminder option was related to the timeout setting, eg it appears when the timeout period is over or 24 hours later, or something like that. That way all the trigger-happy reminders would have to wait until there was some POINT to sending a reminder.

If I'm wrong about the current code, then my apologies for wasting everybody's time.
  2. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    31 May '05 20:07
    Originally posted by orfeo
    Am I right in thinking that the option to remind your opponent to move appears after a couple of days regardless of the timeout setting of a game?

I stopped moving for a couple of days and received quite a few move reminders, and I'm pretty sure many of them arrived before my 3-day timeout was over. (Peope are so damned impatient around here! Plus they a ...[text shortened]... inder.

If I'm wrong about the current code, then my apologies for wasting everybody's time.
    No it makes sense. I second the idea.
  3. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    31 May '05 22:25
    Originally posted by orfeo

I stopped moving for a couple of days and received quite a few move reminders, and I'm pretty sure many of them arrived before my 3-day timeout was over. (Peope are so damned impatient around here! Plus they a ...[text shortened]... inder.

I don't even think there should be reminders. It's not like someone's going to forget that they play chess here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree