1. Virginia
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 14:08
    One thing that is a problem for many players is the division size. The problem arises when they are presented with 18 games at once. For many players, this is too much. For others, it is manageable, but it restricts the amount of other games that they play on the site.

Why not reduce the size of the divisions to 8, or even better, 6. 10 is a great number for football (soccer) divisions, because you play the games out over time. However, here, they just land on you with a thud. A division of 6 teams would promote two, relegate 2, and leave 2. It would also only have 10 games per person instead of 18.

Things this could accomplish...

1) Make it easier for smaller clans to have many teams in many leagues.
    2) Increase the number of clan members willing to participate in leagues.
    3) Decrease the number of clans that don't re-enlist their clans for subsequent seasons.
    4) Reduce the total games played per league per season, which has the potential to reduce the season duration.
    5) Increase the number of clan challenges and/or any other clan events that come up in the future.

Thoughts people???
  2. Gloucestershire , UK
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 14:21
    i would have to agree to a certain extent, i find i can't help my-self rushing my games (even though there is no need to do this). 8 teams is a good idea as that would be 14 games, not much difference but maybe just enough for some people.

however at the same time we should all know how the leagues work by now so you should have an idea of what your letting yourself in for.
  3. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 15:13
    Originally posted by Pie1120

1) Make it easier for smaller clans to have many teams in many leagues.
    2) Increase the number of clan members willing to participate in leagues.
    3) Decrease the number of clans that don't re-enlist their clans for subsequent seasons.
    4) Reduce the total games played per league per season, which has the potential to reduce the season duration.
    5) Increase the number of clan challenges and/or any other clan events that come up in the future.
    All the reasons you give make perfect sense, but your objectives could be more easily be met by only having a single game against each opponent instead of 2.... as long as the balance of white vs black is fair for all players.

One thing I would particularly like to see is a revamp of the league scoring system where points are awarded on a team vs team basis (like in clan challanges) rather than on a player vs player basis. I think it would add a whole new complexion to the clan leagues, making the matches more exciting and the outcome less predictable. A high rating average will still benefit but not to the degree that it does at present. This way the best "team" can triumph...
  4. Standard memberCalWriter
    Creative Genius
    Literary Lion Land
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 18:59
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    All the reasons you give make perfect sense, but your objectives could be more easily be met by only having a single game against each opponent instead of 2.... as long as the balance of white vs black is fair for all players.

One thing I would particularly like to see is a revamp of the league scoring system where points are awarded on a team vs team ...[text shortened]... efit but not to the degree that it does at present. This way the best "team" can triumph...
    Gets a rec!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree