1. Standard membermateulose
    Look, it's a title!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 18:17
    I'm afraid, given the Arrakis situation and such other cases, that it should be a required rule in order to become a cheat police, you must be in no clans. If you are currently in a clan and want to become a cheat police, you must leave this clan. Unfortunenately, this rule seems to be a necessary evil and one of the disadvantages to becoming a cheat police that the players may have to accept. Unfortunenately, clan patriotism is a dangerous thing to have in the cheat police, and the only way to eliminate this problem 100% assertively is to have the cheat police be banned from joining any clan. The cheat police can still play tournies, sieges, and normal games, but not clan stuff.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 18:20
    Yes, and I think they should break all ties with any friends they have here at RHP, as that will get in the way also.

No Clans
    No Friends

It is only fair.

P
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 18:25
    Yes, only miserable, disagreeable shut ins should be allowed to be Game Mods. That would apparently leave only Mateulose and myself as viable candidates, but unfortunately I know so little about computers that the nurses here have to turn it on for me!
  4. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 18:25
    how about banning them from playing any games here also?

:p
  5. Standard memberAlcra
    Lazy Sod
    Everywhere
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 18:26
    sheesh - the easiest way to avoid this type of debate, is to publish the "proof" when accusing someone of cheating. That is, should the "cheat police" declare player x a cheater, they must post the proof on the forums. That way, all members can comment.

Also, any accusations "proven false", should also be posted with reasons.

As to the clan issue - this is not a problem, as I would imagine, all volunteers are on different clans, or at least, not all on the same clan??
  6. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 18:52
    Since there are gonna be at least 3 cheat police why would they have to leave clans? If there's an accusation in one of the police's clans then wouldn't the other police check it out?
  7. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 20:47
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Since there are gonna be at least 3 cheat police why would they have to leave clans? If there's an accusation in one of the police's clans then wouldn't the other police check it out?
    Agreed. If there is a conflict of interest, a game mod should recuse themselves from that particular case. In that way, not only is RHP protected from a corrupt process, but the game mod is protected from accusations of favouritism/cronyism. However, I would certainly hope that if a game mod becomes aware that a clanmate may be cheating, he/she would be the first to raise the red flag.
  8. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 21:44
    *Nods in agreement*
  9. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 23:09
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Thank You galaxy, I don't get these posts like, "what if a person in the cheat police simply wants to get rid o their high rated opponents" Are we all forgetting that the cheat mods have more than one person, atleast 3 hopefully 5. I don't see any of the top vote getters being crazy insane clan people like some are. I am loyal to my clans, but I am more loyal to protecting all users here from false accusations and from players using engines to try to beat them. I also dont like the idea of posting the proof against or for people in the forum, one reason for the creation of the cheat mods is to keep this type of stuff out of the forum. The only people needing to see what the cheat mods come up with is the other cheat mods and Russ, and Chrismo if he's still around somewhere. As the final decision belongs to Russ, whatever the cheat mods come up with should go to him along with their recomendation. The general public shouldnt even know what players the cheat police are looking at. I hope Russ will make his decision soon so that we can get on with this as the first thing to be done by the cheat mods is to set up some type of system and procedures for the running of the cheat mods along with Russ. I don't like how long its dragging on like how long the vote on whether or not we should have cheat mods just sat there. Oh well, just my opinions.
  10. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 23:22
    Originally posted by TRACKHEAD21
    Thank You galaxy, I don't get these posts like, "what if a person in the cheat police simply wants to get rid o their high rated opponents" Are we all forgetting that the cheat mods have more than one person, atleast 3 hopefully 5. I don't see any of the top vote getters being crazy insane clan people like some are. I am loyal to my clans, but I am m ...[text shortened]... the vote on whether or not we should have cheat mods just sat there. Oh well, just my opinions.
    Sounds good to me 🙂
  11. Not Kansas
    Moves
    12 Jan '05 05:53
    Cheat Police shouldn't be allowed to breed either, since their influence over such things will be greater than ours.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree