1. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    17 Feb '06 14:28
    Here's a question: If a player banned for cheating times out, which he will do naturally cause he can't play. Does the opposing player get points? I am on the receiving end of this situation. I don't think i should get anything because a cheaters rating is all bogus anyway, and why should i get a boost for an illegally garnered rating? I'm not trying to play martyr. I just don't see any logical sense to it. The banned guy i was playing (CroCrew), his rating just went up because his opponent timed out after CroCrew had been banned. Why not just delete all his points and games automatically after he's banned, then send a brief message to his opponents explaining the situation?
  2. London
    Moves
    17 Feb '06 14:291 edit
    Originally posted by buddy2
    Here's a question: If a player banned for cheating times out, which he will do naturally cause he can't play. Does the opposing player get points? I am on the receiving end of this situation. I don't think i should get anything because a cheaters rating is all bogus anyway, and why should i get a boost for an illegally garnered rating? I'm not trying to ly after he's banned, then send a brief message to his opponents explaining the situation?
    Just time him out or the game will sit there. (I think)
  3. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    17 Feb '06 16:24
    Here's a question: If a player banned for cheating times out, which he will do naturally cause he can't play. Does the opposing player get points? I am on the receiving end of this situation. I don't think i should get anything because a cheaters rating is all bogus anyway, and why should i get a boost for an illegally garnered rating? I'm not trying to ...[text shortened]... ly after he's banned, then send a brief message to his opponents explaining the situation?
    And What if its a clan game? you just couldn't delete his clan games in clan matches. That would not work. Just take the points and time him out. Your rating will be back to normal in no time. Man, you must be a Baptist or something. I know im pretty honest usually, But you get the cake. lol David
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '06 19:09
    ...I don't think i should get anything because a cheaters rating is all bogus anyway, and why should i get a boost for an illegally garnered rating?
    No doubt you've probably lost a game or two to engine users in the past [unless you are unbeaten] so all in all it should average out.

Good point though.
  5. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    17 Feb '06 19:31
    No, I'm not Baptist or anything. I mean it won't keep me awake at night, knowing I'm getting undeserved points. The funny thing is i noticed his rating went up AFTER he had been banned. I looked at it and it appears one of his opponents timed out so he got the posthumous points. I hope his opponent didn't get discouraged in a bad game, not realizing CroCrew is no more. Why not have an official message posted to all his opponents so they're not in the dark?
  6. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    17 Feb '06 22:55
    No, I'm not Baptist or anything. I mean it won't keep me awake at night, knowing I'm getting undeserved points. The funny thing is i noticed his rating went up AFTER he had been banned. I looked at it and it appears one of his opponents timed out so he got the posthumous points. I hope his opponent didn't get discouraged in a bad game, not realizing CroCr ...[text shortened]... . Why not have an official message posted to all his opponents so they're not in the dark?
    Its worth notifying the site admins of that case. You should not be able to lose to a banned player, regardless of the circumstances.

I prefer the method where the banned person's rating is set to 500, and all his games resigned. That way no-one benefit from rating points, and the player no longer sits in the players tables.
  7. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    17 Feb '06 23:25
    No, I'm not Baptist or anything. I mean it won't keep me awake at night, knowing I'm getting undeserved points. The funny thing is i noticed his rating went up AFTER he had been banned. I looked at it and it appears one of his opponents timed out so he got the posthumous points. I hope his opponent didn't get discouraged in a bad game, not realizing CroCr ...[text shortened]... . Why not have an official message posted to all his opponents so they're not in the dark?
    I dont think his opponent got timed out. I think he or she might have resigned the game. I dont think once your banned you can log on and claim timeouts, but I don't know how that works. As far as the message to all the cheaters opponents, That would be nice, but i dont know if RHP staff have the time or the staff to do so. But it would be nice. I dont know if your gonna find a chess site with such perfection thow. I just don't understand why people cheat. I mean when your using a engine your not playing, the engine is, and your just making the moves for the engine. What a waste of time and life. Your not learning anything about how to play chess, just racking up points for your engine with your name on it. Worthless! And then if they were to sit down and play a real game of chess there gonna get there butt kicked. Its just a worthless waste of time. what a waste. David
  8. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 09:263 edits
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher

I prefer the method where the banned person's rating is set to 500, and all his games resigned. That way no-one benefit from rating points, and the player no longer sits in the players tables.
    absolutely ... also remove their tournament wins and glue them to their clan.

send them down to hell !

but do not let them scratch the rest of us as they fall.