1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 11:42
    how about a sticky thread containing blog updates instead of having to close a pop-up window each time you venture into the chess forum?
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 13:07
    Originally posted by trev33
    how about a sticky thread containing blog updates instead of having to close a pop-up window each time you venture into the chess forum?
    Does that box cover something important? As far as I can tell it doesn't get in the way of anything that may need to be clicked. The right side of the page is pretty blank.

What would be better than a sticky thread is the ability to hit X or Enter and the thing would vanish, but you'd probably get tired of all that extra 'work'.

P-
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 17:25
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Does that box cover something important? As far as I can tell it doesn't get in the way of anything that may need to be clicked. The right side of the page is pretty blank.

What would be better than a sticky thread is the ability to hit X or Enter and the thing would vanish, but you'd probably get tired of all that extra 'work'.

P-
    there is an x to remove it and yes it is too much work hence this thread.

if people want to view it it's a couple of clicks away as a sticky, why should everyone be subjected to the advertising of some blog? i thought i paid $30 to remove ads, clearly not.
  4. e4
    Moves
    04 Sep '10 00:15
    Hi Trev.

If you pay me and SG $30 a year then we won't do anymore
    and then there will be no more adverts.
  5. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    06 Sep '10 10:11
    A. The box is not in the way, and it dissapears when you click a thread. For people who like to read the blogs its a usefull addition. For (normal) people who do not wish to read the blog it can be easilly ignored.

B. You dont play chess so wt* are you doing in the chess only forum anyways? If you have re-found your interest in chess I would like to invite you to continue playing in our games, thanks.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '10 13:34
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    A. The box is not in the way, and it dissapears when you click a thread. For people who like to read the blogs its a usefull addition. For (normal) people who do not wish to read the blog it can be easilly ignored.

B. You dont play chess so wt* are you doing in the chess only forum anyways? If you have re-found your interest in chess I would like to invite you to continue playing in our games, thanks.
    it covers who the last poster was in the first 5 or so threads and possible the time of posting as well, that could matter to people thinking about viewing a thread.

i just happened to click the forum to see if anthing was going on, didn't actually view any of the threads. i'll get back to our games soonish though.
  7. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    06 Sep '10 16:40
    it covers who the last poster was in the first 5 or so threads and possible the time of posting as well, that could matter to people thinking about viewing a thread.

i just happened to click the forum to see if anthing was going on, didn't actually view any of the threads. i'll get back to our games soonish though.
    Oh, I guess you have a different monitor then me:p

'soonish' sounds good😀
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '10 16:43
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    Oh, I guess you have a different monitor then me:p

'soonish' sounds good😀
    better than the 7 months quoted a while ago, eh? 😉
  9. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 16:21
    better than the 7 months quoted a while ago, eh? 😉
    True^^

This really was soonish, way to go🙂
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 21:21

Really? How small is your monitor?
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 21:21
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Hi Trev.

If you pay me and SG $30 a year then we won't do anymore
    and then there will be no more adverts.
    I'm afraid I'll need $30 from each person who doesn't want to see the popup.

Only then will I stop writing blogs. 😀
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 21:521 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Really? How small is your monitor?
    actually figured out it was my settings, not the moniter.

edit: but it is a netbook so the 'moniter' isn't huge.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree