Chess variants consultation

Chess variants consultation

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
17 Sep 09
1 edit

If I were Russ, I would mainly focus on improving the functionality of the current interface rather than expanding

H

Moves
18 Sep 09

I'd love to play Fischer/960 on RHP!

Those who don't want to play don't have to, but I'd like the option.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
18 Sep 09

Originally posted by Humph3
I'd love to play Fischer/960 on RHP!

Those who don't want to play don't have to, but I'd like the option.
You already can, use the set-board feature and click fisher random. The question is would you also be interested in playing variants other than 960?

Skull Disco, Jr.

Moves
20 Sep 09

The poll question "Other variants are interesting, but I wouldn't play them often." is a bit misleading:
Does "other variants" mean /any/ variant of traditional chess, or does it mean "other than Fischer Random/Cheess960" (which was mentioned in the poll question prior to this one)?

Moves
20 Sep 09

Originally posted by AudioRapture
The poll question "Other variants are interesting, but I wouldn't play them often." is a bit misleading:
Does "other variants" mean /any/ variant of traditional chess, or does it mean "other than Fischer Random/Cheess960" (which was mentioned in the poll question prior to this one)?
variants of regular chess i presume.

the more things added to the site the better imo, add as many games/features as you can russ.

btw maybe you should send out a mass pm to everyone to explain about the poll... not a lot of people visit the forums.

H

Moves
27 Sep 09

Originally posted by DeepThought
You already can, use the set-board feature and click fisher random. The question is would you also be interested in playing variants other than 960?
But is castling properly supported if you select Fischer random?

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
13 Nov 09

How can we possibly vote on something that the average chess player on RHP has no idea WTF you are asking re variants 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Nov 09

Fischer Random/Cheess960

Can someone explain what this is?

TA
I'm 1/4 Ninja

Moves
13 Nov 09

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Fischer Random/Cheess960

Can someone explain what this is?
http://tinyurl.com/yzq3os8

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Nov 09

Originally posted by Traveling Again
http://tinyurl.com/yzq3os8
There is no conversation about it, doing it your way.

But thanks just the same.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
13 Nov 09

My point, it only seems to concern folk that stick their noses in books all day as nobody can tell us WTF they are on about

TA
I'm 1/4 Ninja

Moves
13 Nov 09
1 edit

:'(

You asked for an explanation of what it is - I gave you a link where you would find very
detailed explanations, something much more than anything someone would be able and willing to
take their time to post here.

If you already knew what it was and just wanted to have a conversation about it just say so.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Nov 09

Originally posted by Traveling Again
:'(

You asked for an explanation of what it is - I gave you a link where you would find very
detailed explanations, something much more than anything someone would be able and willing to
take their time to post here.

If you already knew what it was and just wanted to have a conversation about it just say so.
Ok, I will try to be more specific next time. 😉

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
13 Nov 09

Originally posted by heinzkat
If I were Russ, I would mainly focus on improving the functionality of the current interface rather than expanding
And how do we do that...?