1. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 14:001 edit
    I would like to bring to your attention the design for the area located for clan graphics, the clan banner. At present the area is 990x100 and is covered with unnecessary buttons and links which obscure the image, for example, my clan home, all clans, my clans, clan leagues at one end and clan logo, clan name and clan motto at the other, the consequences of this are that graphically the designer is forced to resort to abstract imagery and forgo all attempts at detail and inclusive text.

solution would be to reposition the tabs below the graphic area which is small enough as it is or to drastically increase the area for graphics, for at present they are being obscured. Please give consideration to the matter, for the present layout is too congested for the graphics to be effective.

look at this beautiful graphic being so obscured as to be rendered redundant.

http://www.timeforchess.com/clan/clanhome.php?cid=25203

your humble and obedient servant

Robbie.
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 02:10

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 02:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I would like to bring to your attention the design for the area located for clan graphics, the clan banner. At present the area is 990x100 and is covered with unnecessary buttons and links which obscure the image, for example, my clan home, all clans, my clans, clan leagues at one end and clan logo, clan name and clan motto at the other, the conseque ...[text shortened]... w.timeforchess.com/clan/clanhome.php?cid=25203

your humble and obedient servant

Robbie.
    lol, for some reason 'timeforchess' doesn't automatically recognise that I'm a subscriber, hence seeing adverts is somewhat new to me....but all I can see are the usual tube \ underground type adverts from the same old bunch of clowns desperately wanting folk to apply for 2000% interest rate loans...or the myriad ambulance chasers seeking \ URGING freshly injured clients...literally that's all I notice there, so any clan logo is somewhat redundant in the minds eye 😉
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 08:35
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    lol, for some reason 'timeforchess' doesn't automatically recognise that I'm a subscriber, hence seeing adverts is somewhat new to me....but all I can see are the usual tube \ underground type adverts from the same old bunch of clowns desperately wanting folk to apply for 2000% interest rate loans...or the myriad ambulance chasers seeking \ URGING freshl ...[text shortened]... .literally that's all I notice there, so any clan logo is somewhat redundant in the minds eye 😉
    hmmmmm these are somewhat different issues great reverend one, but to provide an area for graphics and then proceed to cover it up is simply bad design.
  5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 09:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    hmmmmm these are somewhat different issues great reverend one, but to provide an area for graphics and then proceed to cover it up is simply bad design.
    Indeed they most certainly are, different issues, but covering up 'both' take that little bit of magic away from your desired design goal... 🙁
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 16:00
    Indeed they most certainly are, different issues, but covering up 'both' take that little bit of magic away from your desired design goal... 🙁
    sure thing having a graphics area and then covering it up is simply bad design, put the tabs below the graphic are where they belong.
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    21 Jan '14 16:29
    lol, for some reason 'timeforchess' doesn't automatically recognise that I'm a subscriber, hence seeing adverts is somewhat new to me....but all I can see are the usual tube \ underground type adverts from the same old bunch of clowns desperately wanting folk to apply for 2000% interest rate loans...or the myriad ambulance chasers seeking \ URGING freshl ...[text shortened]... .literally that's all I notice there, so any clan logo is somewhat redundant in the minds eye 😉
    What does knocking on wood have to do with thunder and lightning, may I ask?
  8. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    22 Jan '14 02:06
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    I think that's actually a question for the OP...however, I'm aware that they were included in the lyrics of a hit 'tune' back in the 70's...
    A quick google search resulted in this:
    http://www.metrolyrics.com/knock-on-wood-lyrics-pointer-sisters.html

Hope that helps..
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jan '14 09:34
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Its like thunder, lightning,
    the way you love me is frighting,
    think i better knock knock knock on wood
    Baby, ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh

YouTube

dig!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jan '14 09:342 edits
    I think that's actually a question for the OP...however, I'm aware that they were included in the lyrics of a hit 'tune' back in the 70's...
    A quick google search resulted in this:
    http://www.metrolyrics.com/knock-on-wood-lyrics-pointer-sisters.html

Hope that helps..
    Ah Great Reverend one a man of culture and taste I see! anyhow I am thinking of changing my clan name to 'The Masters of Zen', pretty awesome in'it ! 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree