1. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    02 Jun '08 19:40
    I've seen (and made/supported) similar requests before while a clan member. Now that I'm a clan leader, I see a need from both sides of the coin.

1) Instead of a single 'Available for challenges' checkbox under Clan Settings, have one per clan to which a player belongs. The all or nothing nature of the current system makes it tough for a member of multiple clans to accept challenges for one clan but not another.

2) Give the clan leader an 'Available for challenges' flag for each member. There are a number of reasons a member might actually be unavailable but forget to set their challenge flag as such. Letting the clan leader designate them as unavailable would cut down significantly on the number of invalid challenges to be modified and bounced back.

For challenge purposes, the logic would be that a member would only show as available for challenges if both their personal flag (item #1) and the clan leader's flag for them (item #1) were both set. So the end result is still a single availability flag. It's just the logic behind it becomes slightly more complex.
  2. Here
    Moves
    03 Jun '08 03:53
    I agree
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    03 Jun '08 12:36
    Originally posted by Ichibanov
    I've seen (and made/supported) similar requests before while a clan member. Now that I'm a clan leader, I see a need from both sides of the coin.

1) Instead of a single 'Available for challenges' checkbox under Clan Settings, have one per clan to which a player belongs. The all or nothing nature of the current system makes it tough for a member of multi ...[text shortened]... a single availability flag. It's just the logic behind it becomes slightly more complex.
    Then again why would a person be available to play for one clan and not another?

If they don't want challenges for Clan A then they leave Clan A.
  4. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    03 Jun '08 14:30
    If you're trying for a somewhat even gameload between the two clans (say 12 games for each), there's currently no way to manage that other than informal agreements with the clan leaders involved. And even then, they each need to remember those agreements without any real support in the software when making/accepting challenges.

Example: If you have 6 games for clan B but already have 15 for clan A, it's quite possible putting/leaving your flag up will result in even more games for clan A. Leaving clan A would certainly fix the problem, but the clan challenge flag proposal I'm making seems like a more appropriate response.

There are a lot of ways to approach this, including leaving and later rejoining the clan. Allowing players to set a max games setting per clan similar to their site max game would work as well. The dual flag approach just seemed more doable to me and more to the point, so that's what I'm suggesting.
  5. Joined
    28 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 23:44
    Suggestion 1 is too hard for me to understand.

Suggestion 2 is an excellent idea.
  6. The sky
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 23:57
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Then again why would a person be available to play for one clan and not another?

If they don't want challenges for Clan A then they leave Clan A.
    An example: Not long ago I tried to set up a big challenge. Some of my players didn't want other challenges at that time, so I asked them to make themselves available and promised not to give them other challenges. While we were waiting for the other clan to get ready, some of my players made themselves unavailable again because they started getting unwanted challenges in their other clans. It's difficult enough to organise big challenges and have everybody available at the same time without this additional problem. (It would be even better if we'd get some solution especially for big challenges, e.g. that you can make yourself available specifically for big challenges, and that the vacation flag doesn't automatically affect your availability.)
  7. Joined
    28 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 01:10
    OK, thanks.
  8. Joined
    28 Jun '01
    Moves
    11 Jun '08 16:32
    I think idea #1 would be a good thing for the reasons stated above.
  9. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    14 Jun '08 19:54
    Another one re clan management would be stats for each member re performance in clan challenges

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree