1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    10 Mar '15 20:05
    As a clan leader, I decided to do a little housecleaning after having a challenge for a player with a low rating and no game results in the last 90 days. I looked at the profile and found that this player last moved 216 days ago. I checked on the game and it was clan match game against a player who last moved 216 days ago.

As a clan leader, we need a way to forfeit a match or call a came a loss in one of our clan matches, or this match will sit unfinished presumably until we run out of electricity.

It's no big deal, but it also ties up our clan membership as well. I know that I can send feedback and get this cleared up, but an automatic button for a real "kick" would make sense - possibly after around 100 or so days of no moves, right?
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    10 Mar '15 22:18
    After reading this I went looking for unfinished challenges held up by a "leaving" member of several random clans, and found them everywhere! I thought Russ did a clearout of abandoned games some time ago, is it time for another?

I support the idea of an "immediate kill" capacity for clan leaders. The clan wouldn't gain any benefit (because the games would be resignations) but it would allow challenges to be finalised and the points awarded, and also free up clan player spots.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 09:56
    Thread 156964 was a thread about the resolution of stuck clan games. It garnered not enough support evidently.

The Idea here is (if I understand correctly): If both players vanish, give the captains the right to remove the match up from the clan challenge.

My suggestion was (and it stands): Make Clan games auto-timeout. This will be much easier to establish.
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 15:40
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Thread 156964 was a thread about the resolution of stuck clan games. It garnered not enough support evidently.

The Idea here is (if I understand correctly): If both players vanish, give the captains the right to remove the match up from the clan challenge.

My suggestion was (and it stands): Make Clan games auto-timeout. This will be much easier to establish.
    i agree, but if auto time outs aren't acceptable - and they don't seem to be, then a clan leader option, after a long time period - is - at - least - reasonable.

i favor auto time outs in general, if only as an option and maybe after long periods of absence

what we have now doesn't make any sense to me
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 16:12
    We do timeout clan challenge games from time to time. This hasn't happened for a little while, but I have just run the job.

It should be automated - but currently isn't.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 16:13
    Originally posted by Russ
    We do timeout clan challenge games from time to time. This hasn't happened for a little while, but I have just run the job.

Thanks anyway.
  7. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 20:27
    Originally posted by Russ

Thank you!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree