1. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    18 Feb '09 16:21
    I think this statement should be removed from clan settings.
    If you continually make yourself unavailable, a clan leader may choose to remove you from their clan.

I as a clan leader have no problem with my clan mates controlling their own clan game load. In fact I prefer it. "If you don't want anymore clan games right now just make yourself unavailable. When you want more clan games just make yourself available again."
    I think this statement just makes some newer members think that making yourself unavailable for clan challenges is a bad thing or should be kept to a minimum.
    And I'm sure a lot of clan leaders don't mind their clan mates making themselves unavailable for clan challenges whenever they need to.
    Any comments?
  2. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    18 Feb '09 18:47
    Let me say up front that I share your philosophy in regards to the members of my clan being available for challenges. If they want to be available, great. If not, that's okay, too.

However, I do see the value in such a statement. I think it's important that newer members of the site understand that they can be booted from a clan by the leader without recourse to appeal. Perhaps the wording of the statement could be tweaked. Or, better yet, perhaps the message could be altered by the clan leader so that it becomes more clan-specific.
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    18 Feb '09 19:55
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    Let me say up front that I share your philosophy in regards to the members of my clan being available for challenges. If they want to be available, great. If not, that's okay, too.

However, I do see the value in such a statement. I think it's important that newer members of the site understand that they can be booted from a clan by the leader withou ...[text shortened]... perhaps the message could be altered by the clan leader so that it becomes more clan-specific.
    I kinda see your point. And I didn't mean to come across that the statement has no value. I just think it's in the wrong place and gives people the wrong idea that making yourself unavailable for clan games has a good chance of upsetting your clan leader. Which I think is a false representation of most clan leaders.

I think it's important that newer members of the site understand that they can be booted from a clan by the leader without recourse to appeal.
    I agree. But I think it would be made more clear to newer members by having a message like this whenever anyone is joining a clan.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree