1. Standard membergollumprawn
    it's mine
    manchester, england
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 17:01
    the top 4 (3,5 or 6) in a clan,(also taking into account their average or medium rating). playing in a tournaments of clans of same number of players and average ratings. the amount of clans in the tournament would have to be set at a manageable number
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 17:241 edit
    Think this could work - for example with the following constraints.

1 Clan in one tournament at a time

Max 8 clans per tournie = 3 rounds usually, occasionally a fourth if tie means both clans progress as per current tournie rules.

2 games each player, 4 players from each clan - tournament to be 'banded' by average rating:

e.g. 1500 - 1700 average clan rating. So long as the 4 players fall into that band, then the clan can be entered (given earlier constraint).

Would make interesting choices e.g. two 1900's and two 1400s against 4 1700's?

Lower bandings could be set for weaker clans. e.g. Max 1200 etc.

Nice to have a tournament sword icon to go with clan league shield on clan setting page for each user. Edit - so members can opt in / out of clan tournies.

I bet this has been discussed before at length, but why not consider again?

Edit also - I like this as it'd be more suited to less active clans like mine, those that don't want to enter teams into the leagues and therefore get swamped with games, or can't due to smaller membership.
  3. Standard membergollumprawn
    it's mine
    manchester, england
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 01:36
    Originally posted by rhb
    Think this could work - for example with the following constraints.

1 Clan in one tournament at a time

Max 8 clans per tournie = 3 rounds usually, occasionally a fourth if tie means both clans progress as per current tournie rules.

2 games each player, 4 players from each clan - tournament to be 'banded' by average rating:

e.g. 1500 - 1700 average c ...[text shortened]... nto the leagues and therefore get swamped with games, or can't due to smaller membership.
    thanks for the reply😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree