1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    25 Dec '10 21:04
    Wouldn't it be nice to have an official co-leader or named substitute? Let's say the leader just disappears . . . car accident, major stroke, any reason . . . the co-leader could take over say after a set number of days of disappearance . . .maybe 7 or 10 days, or something like that. Doesn't that make sense?
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Dec '10 23:26
    Originally posted by coquette
    Wouldn't it be nice to have an official co-leader or named substitute? Let's say the leader just disappears . . . car accident, major stroke, any reason . . . the co-leader could take over say after a set number of days of disappearance . . .maybe 7 or 10 days, or something like that. Doesn't that make sense?
    It would be nice. The whole clan and club structure is based on continuity, and people do have to leave the site suddenly, so a succession process would be good for both.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 10:58
    In the event of my 'disapearance' feel free to take no notice, except to say... good riddance
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 23:56
    Yes, it does seem a tad silly that the whole clan would have to wait for the leader to nominate a new leader...if the leader is 'elsewhere' then who on earth would wait for a nomination that may never actually materialise. 'Damned good idea to have two clan bosses actually, at least then at least would have immediate access to restructuring the clan given an odd scenario. The only problem I foresee is if one falls out with the other and then nothing would get done whilst they're both bickering. So, a co leader is the right way to go about it, I can't think of any other suitable alternative...the clan would 'fall' into the the hands of the co leader after say 1month of the leaders inactivity. If both clan leaders are playing about bickering, and nothing is getting done, best just leave and form another 🙁
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 02:47
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Yes, it does seem a tad silly that the whole clan would have to wait for the leader to nominate a new leader...if the leader is 'elsewhere' then who on earth would wait for a nomination that may never actually materialise. 'Damned good idea to have two clan bosses actually, at least then at least would have immediate access to restructuring the clan give ...[text shortened]... playing about bickering, and nothing is getting done, best just leave and form another 🙁
    right, i'm only suggesting that there be some order of succession. it could easily be by seniority. the "right" to takeover the clan could be after any period of inactivity, maybe say 30 days, as you suggest.
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 07:41
    It's good to see 4 recommendations on this suggestion, should get it the attention that it deserves.
  7. Joined
    23 Dec '10
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 12:57
    hey guys, I'm new to the site and i'll admit I didn't check the date so this could be an old thread.

you could have a 'voting' system in this situation where the other clan members all voted for someone to take over in the event of the leader(s) not being available for a set period of time.

Just my 2 penneth worth.

regards

LaverD
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Dec '10 23:081 edit
    Originally posted by coquette
    Excellent...I think most clans could use a co-clan leader to take a little responsibility off of the clan leader. After all the clan leaders job is not an easy one, as you are learning. 😉 I heard the Pay Sucks too!!!

Rec'd
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Dec '10 23:58
    Originally posted by divegeester
    In the event of my 'disapearance' feel free to take no notice, except to say... good riddance
    Good Riddance!

Oh I did that too soon didn't I?😳
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Jan '11 19:49
    Noted. We frequently have to swap people out when this happens, so I support the idea too.
  11. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    03 Jan '11 21:39
    Originally posted by Russ
    Noted. We frequently have to swap people out when this happens, so I support the idea too.
    I would also suggest this should be an option for Clubs as well.
  12. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 21:09
    Originally posted by Russ
    🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree