1. Standard memberjonbeckett73
    jonbeckett73
    Marlow, Bucks, UK
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 12:24
    Hi,

It would be really nice if the comments box was open by default for when you're making a move; so you are prompted to bung a comment in when you make a move (to keep the conversation going)

I used to play on www.chessworld.net and it seemed much more friendly because the comments were more prominent.
  2. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 12:51
    it might also stop that shocker of typing your plans into the message box instead of the notebook: I've only done it twice but that's about half of the times I've ever bothered with plans...
  3. Northern Virginia
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 16:23
    it might also stop that shocker of typing your plans into the message box instead of the notebook...
    I've (almost) done that as well. I 2nd (err...3rd) the motion for an auto-opened notebook (optional as a Setting?). Plus I'll 2nd my own suggestion that the size of the box be sufficient to display the entire 250-character max field without scrolling. Not high-priority, just more convenient. 🙂
  4. Standard memberhowitzer
    rockling
    The crags
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 09:42
    My great problem is that I need the Notes box open by default.

The first thing I have done in every game in the last 18 months is to open the Notes box and type in 'NOTES' so that it stays open there after. I write myself notes a fair amount of the time and I got fed up writing them in the Message box and sending to my opponents!! Not that I expect anyone to be able to decifer my notes anyway .....

I've been working with a bit of a frig; maybe this the solution is to have two Settings - auto-open Message and auto-open Notes.

H

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree